Will Suh command more than Stafford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
There are reports that Sam Bradford began contract negotiations with the Rams on Friday. The top pick in the draft will likely will get a deal with $45-$50 million in guaranteed money.

According to Tim Twentyman of the Detroit News, what'll be interesting to see is what No. 2 pick Ndamukong Suh commands. Could he get a bigger deal than Stafford?

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford received $41.75 million guaranteed as last year's No. 1 pick. Bradford and Stafford are clients of agent Tom Condon.

The Lions know they'll have to pay Suh close to what they signed Stafford for last season because of the rising salary scale from year-to-year. But I'm sure they'd prefer to have their franchise quarterback be the highest-paid player on the team -- not a rookie defensive tackle.

Suh said he wants to be in camp on time, but both he and agent Roosevelt Barnes believe Suh was the best player in the draft -- better than Bradford.

Remember two years ago, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan got more in guarantees as the No. 3 pick than offensive tackle Jake Long got as the No. 1 pick. Ryan signed a six-year, $72 million deal with $34.75 million in guarantees. Long signed a five-year deal worth $57.75 million with $30 million guaranteed.

These contract negotiations are just getting insane. A DT getting as much as a QB? What is the NFL doing... SMH.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Jesus, I'd rather trade my first round picks for somewhat established players than waste that much money on someone who hasn't played a down in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%