It is what it is
Reaction score
Who is better and why?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who's?

i say deron. bigger, faster, and more athletic. but hes had the benefit of playing with a better team and better coach.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Deron kinda biased though cuz he's my favourite PG.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd go with Chris Paul.
If you switch teams, the Hornets probably get no better, but I believe Paul's play-making abilities would make the Jazz a slightly better team.

If the Hornets knew how to build a team, Paul would be better IMO.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think this is a tough decision since Cp3 hasnt played that many playoff games. So we dont know how clutch he can be in those situations and if the pressure gets to him. With Deron that is a known factor and he has excelled as seen these playoffs. I also love Derons shooting ability a little above Cp3. But Cp3 is the best pure passer outside of Steve Nash.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Chris Paul. When healthy, Chris is better in every category, like he was in '08-'09.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is tough

I've been saying Deron for a year though...

here's how i see it.

Deron is a better shooter
Deron is a better rebounder
Deron is a better defender
Deron is a bigger body
Deron isn't as quick, but he's not a slowpoke
Deron is just as good a passer
just overall, i'd take Deron right now.

then when i see CP, i start re-thinking it. I guess Deron has the advantage right now since CP was banged up all year and DWill is still playing, but if I was starting a team, I'd take Deron.

He also seems like a team guy. CP is a stat gunner. He's the dude who gets pissed if he gives you a nice pass and you make the extra pass for an easier bucket for the next guy. Deron isn't like that to me

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Paul is definitley quicker, a better shooter, better playmaker and passer. Also handles the ball better. I'll take Chris Paul... Deron does some things better, but CP3 does the better things you want a PG to do.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's stats this year are pretty much identical, so since CP3 was injured and Deron took his team to the playoffs give me D-Will.

1A. Deron Williams
1B. Chris Paul
3. Steve Nash
4. Derrick Rose

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What have you done for me lately.

I'm a huge Hornets fan and a huge Chris Paul fan. But the past two years Chris has failed to stay healthy and make his team a true contender.

Deron has really stepped up, and he has the title as best in the business right now. Next year if CP stays healthy, that could change though.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is tough

I've been saying Deron for a year though...

here's how i see it.

Deron is a better shooter
Deron is a better rebounder
Deron is a better defender
Deron is a bigger body
Deron isn't as quick, but he's not a slowpoke
Deron is just as good a passer
just overall, i'd take Deron right now.

then when i see CP, i start re-thinking it. I guess Deron has the advantage right now since CP was banged up all year and DWill is still playing, but if I was starting a team, I'd take Deron.

He also seems like a team guy. CP is a stat gunner. He's the dude who gets pissed if he gives you a nice pass and you make the extra pass for an easier bucket for the next guy. Deron isn't like that to me
I know what I just said, but let me stop you right there.

I'd say CP is the better shooter, better rebounder, a better passer, and maybe even a better defender.

Keep in mind CP was injured most of the season and played with a number of injuries, but during the regular season CP shot a better FG percentage, a better 3 point percentage, grabbed more boards per game, had more assists (this one isn't even close, the only PG who rivals CP in passing is Steve Nash) and also had more steals per game.

When healthy, there is no question in my mind CP is the better point. He's also not a stat gunner like you say, I've seen times when he'll make a great pass but the defense will converge on the man with the ball but he'll still throw up a shot and CP will be pissed because there was somebody open in the corner. I've seen CP have triple doubles but he could careless because they barely one. CP is one of the most unselfish and best team players in the game. He just puts up great numbers because he HAS TO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%