White Admits To Smoking Pot While In NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
USA Today - Former Seahawks and Titans running back LenDale White has admitted to smoking pot while in the NFL.

White says that it was his use of the drug that triggered the four-game suspension he's facing.

"I did it, so it is my fault," White told the Tennessean. "I smoked marijuana; that is all I have ever done. That's all I do, that's it. I smoke. I don't care about any other drugs, but it's marijuana. ... But I have changed. I am a good man. Unfortunately the stuff that I did in my recent past caught up to me in the present and it's affecting my future."

White was cut by Seattle last month.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know it's illegal, but I don't see the big deal anymore about marijuana.
I don't see White as any less of a player now because of this.

Mooche

Reaction score
Not gonna argue on the pot point, since this isn't what it is about.

However, it may not matter in your eyes Rip or whoever, but the truth is that these owners are investing in millions of dollars in these players. The image of the franchise, the FO, etc. are all on the line when players go do what they do. The fact is that marijuana is illegal and LenDale made a mistake, no doubt. Don't take me wrong though. I understand your point.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I understand what your saying with the whole investing money and team's image and stuff.
I guess it's just a matter of your views towards marijuana. I don't think any less of White because of this.

You have guys like Chris Johnson holding out, HIS image should go down IMO.

Mooche

Reaction score
I understand what your saying with the whole investing money and team's image and stuff.
I guess it's just a matter of your views towards marijuana. I don't think any less of White because of this.

You have guys like Chris Johnson holding out, HIS image should go down IMO.
Well, it's a professional business and truly, it doesn't always come down to your views on marijuana. Rather, your understanding that the image is of course on the line and these guys are role models to young kids. That's the reality man.

As for Chris Johnson, I guess it depends your views on the situation. He has proven himself the years he has been in the league and he realizes that he might have to get paid if the NFL Lockout was to happen (who knows). He is still on the contract he signed as a rookie, and I don't think anybody expected this out of him so.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, it's a professional business and truly, it doesn't always come down to your views on marijuana. Rather, your understanding that the image is of course on the line and these guys are role models to young kids. That's the reality man.

As for Chris Johnson, I guess it depends your views on the situation. He has proven himself the years he has been in the league and he realizes that he might have to get paid if the NFL Lockout was to happen (who knows). He is still on the contract he signed as a rookie, and I don't think anybody expected this out of him so.
Yeah I know exactly what your saying, but like I said it really doesn't bother me at all.

Not just him, I was just using him as a reference. But any guys holding out. They need to realize it's their job. If my dad "held out" cause he felt he was doing his job better than anyone and deserved a raise, his ass would be fired.

Mooche

Reaction score
True. Unfortunately this is how it works in the NFL, and it will only continue in this route unless something is done about rookie contracts of some sort I think. Truthfully, I believe, you signed the contract, play it out, then <Censored>.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True. Unfortunately this is how it works in the NFL, and it will only continue in this route unless something is done about rookie contracts of some sort I think. Truthfully, I believe, you signed the contract, play it out, then <Censored>.
Yeah for real. Even if a lockout is coming, you have plenty to survive a damn year.
Play out your contract, then get paid what you deserve.

I guess though RB's do get to complain a little more, seeing as they only last for so long and are so prone to injuries. So I kind of understand Chris Johnson, but guys like Revis are just stupid.

Mooche

Reaction score
You are spot on man. Revis has truthfully played at an absolute premium for one year... Prove it a bit more. Even a guy like Nnmadi in Oakland showed that he is one of the leagues best for a few years and got paid. I think Revis is one heck of a talent, but just go play ball man and show them like Nnmadi did. My opinion on it anyways.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You are spot on man. Revis has truthfully played at an absolute premium for one year... Prove it a bit more. Even a guy like Nnmadi in Oakland showed that he is one of the leagues best for a few years and got paid. I think Revis is one heck of a talent, but just go play ball man and show them like Nnmadi did. My opinion on it anyways.
Couldn't agree more.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another thing, the players know they can't smoke weed so they deserve whatever punishments are handed to them. Its just weed, right, but they knew about it. He's at least owning up to his mistake and I respect him more for that. Oh well, he'll do something in his spare time lol

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL. What if he went to Pittsburgh after he stomped on the towel? Haha

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Play out your contract? Honestly, that's bull<Censored> for people to say when teams can terminate your contract early. You shouldn't be allowed to be cut if you can't get an extension. Doing illegal actions is worse then holding out for deserved money.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
exactly my thoughts. now the lions need to pick him up :D

TTN2810

Reaction score
I don't care about drugs, but the players know it a banned substance. They should know better.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That statement contradicts itself Rip.

The big deal isn't the drug itself, its more the fact b/c its against the law and White (like many others) show total disregard for the law and irresponsibility by using. Think about it this way: If Lendale White would jeopardize so much over smoking marijuana...then what else is he capable of? What else would he gamble his career on?

Agree or disagree, its still the law.

Barcode

Reaction score
That statement contradicts itself Rip.

The big deal isn't the drug itself, its more the fact b/c its against the law and White (like many others) show total disregard for the law and irresponsibility by using. Think about it this way: If LenDale White would jeopardize so much over smoking marijuana...then what else is he capable of? What else would he gamble his career on?

Agree or disagree, its still the law.
AE gets it and simply put, he's out of the league. He was running his mouth about not getting enough PT last season, which is funny in itself. He was traded for almost nothing to an ideal team that has a need for a bigger back, coached by his college coach and they dropped him less than a month with a blistering statement that he's not ready for their team.

It's not pot LandWhale, it's you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%