What Should They Do: Colin Kaepernick | 49ers

Scott

Administrator
Reaction score
A new segment I want to try out.

Everyone knows the sagas that's been going on with Kaepernick since before the offseason even started. Hes available, he's not available, he's staying , he's leaving....who knows. With the potential parameters of a deal with DEN lined up: what do you think SHOULD happen?

Should the 49ers keep him?
Should the 49ers pay the Broncos the 5M they are asking for?
Should the 49ers trade him as soon as possible?

Add your thoughts here.

monta8curry

Reaction score
honestly you have to trade him. the fans dont wanna see him and Gabbert for another year. dont even know if Kap really "fits" Chip kelly's system since it's a lot of short quick passes and Kap has never been that type of QB. he wants to make the big plays and sling it downfield. i'm sure Chip can get Kap to somewhat return to form, but with the team right now, and it's in a rebuilding stage, to get a 3rd round pick for a QB who might not even start? (Gabbert could very well beat him out). Trade Kap, pick Goff, have a competition btwn Goff and Gabbert and go from there.

monta8curry

Reaction score
also if the niners keep Kap, they probably won't pick a QB 1st rd (so no Wentz/Goff). not sure Kap can ever get back to form of his first 2 yrs starting mainly cus a) confidence is shot and b) defenses have adjusted and he hasn't improved

RunSoHard

Reaction score
The 49ers are going to draft Goff or Wentz. Kap doesn't want to play there and if only staying because every other team wants to pay him 5 mill less. They have reportedly had deals with both the Browns and Broncos for him but Kap refused to take a pay cut. I LOVE kap, one of the biggest Kap fans you'll ever meet. He got screwed by the team and doesn't trust the front office anymore. He needs to move on to revamp his career because San Fran isn't that place anymore. They need to get something out of him and move on.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
They are stuck. They should have figured this out about a month ago. Now with Kaep's money guaranteed they are really tied. Kaep can stay and make significantly more than his value

snakerule2002

Reaction score
49ers i do not think will renew his contract unless sign and trade.
cap hit from cutting him would be hard and a big one.

I think 50-50 he stays and is on team for a year.

money is now guaranteed by 49ers to him for this season.

I think they both want to part ways but who says he has to take a pay cut to get it done? would you? not me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%