Washington To Release Robert Griffin III

BNC

Reaction score
They could have traded him for at least a conditional 7th

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I could definitely see him making a comeback with the Eagles. Makes too much sense tbh

jjangness

Reaction score
BNC said:
His contract was just awful. If he got injured while playing in regular season, the team would owe 16.2 mil to rg3 next year. Teams wouldn't pay him that much when he is an injury prone. Redskins made a right decision by benching him this year.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
jjangness said:
His contract was just awful. If he got injured while playing in regular season, the team would owe 16.2 mil to rg3 next year. Teams wouldn't pay him that much when he is an injury prone. Redskins made a right decision by benching him this year.
Maybe from a financial standpoint, but from a playing standpoint they made the wrong choice.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BNC said:
They tried; nobody wanted him. There's teams that will take a chance on him but not under his current deal. His current deal carries $16M guaranteed next year. That cost is not worth a conditional 7th round pick.

snakerule2002

Reaction score
I think the cap makes it hard at best to move RGIII. I think he will be cut when they can. The skins can use the money to sign FA's or resign some players.

47th oG

Reaction score
In a radio interview, ESPN's Adam Schefter said signing Robert Griffin III will be "in play" for the Cowboys.

Schefter separately reported two teams have approached Washington about trading for Griffin, but he declined to name the teams. People in the Cowboys' personnel department reportedly do not see Griffin as a scheme fit, but owner Jerry Jones could be enticed by the name value of the native Texan. Griffin is fully expected to be released or traded before March 9.
Source: Dallas Morning News

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Crazy. OROY to being released. Injuries have not helped him whatsoever, but still crazy to me that he is being released. I think he ends up with the Eagles or the Cowboys as well.

47th oG

Reaction score
Allen said:
Crazy. OROY to being released. Injuries have not helped him whatsoever, but still crazy to me that he is being released. I think he ends up with the Eagles or the Cowboys as well.
Apparently RGIII to Dallas is unlikely.

[TWEET]706891098451357697[/TWEET]

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
47th oG said:
Apparently RGIII to Dallas is unlikely.

[TWEET]706891098451357697[/TWEET]
Hmm interesting. I wonder where he will end up, seems like a great fit for the Eagles...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%