Was it worth it for the Sixers to have tanked over the last couple years?

Was it worth it for the Sixers to have tanked over the last couple years?

• Total voters

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Pretty basic question. Do you think it was worth it for the Sixers to have tanked the last couple years?

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're probably in a better situation than plenty of other middle of road teams, so yeah.
They had some bad luck in the lottery, so they gotta hope this one pans out.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just depends on if Embiid can ever play. He's by far the best prospect they will have drafted throughout this process. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What's also gonna be interesting is how they're gonna handle the trade market. Gonna make or break that team I feel like.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd explore moving Okafor, because I really do not envision him being a game changer in today's NBA. Going to be a hard one to explain to casual fans and the media though. They'll get killed if they do it, which is why I do not think they would. 

Would be able to get something substantial for him though. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
You look at two bad teams over the past 10 years -- the Kings and the Timberwolves. Neither team has made the playoffs or even had a winning record in 9 years, which is pretty poor. 

The Kings have tried to stay relevant, adding pieces like Rudy Gay and Rajon Rondo, in efforts to maximize their star player's skill. They've been in the 4-8 pick range since 2009, and have never been bad enough to land a Top 3 pick.

Timberwolves realized they weren't going anywhere, so they traded their star player for the #1 draft pick, and essentially tanked and got another #1 pick. Now the Wolves have an extremely bright future

So yeah, I do think the tanking was good for Philly. They were not going anywhere with the roster they had, so they sold off pieces to be bad, in order to get top picks in the draft. Had they been lucky, they could have had Wiggins and Towns. Now they finally have the #1 pick, so if they can get the superstar they need, then its worth it

Me7o

Savage
Reaction score
They need some playmakers for all their forwards/centers

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All that blatant sucking and their reward was the first pick in a uncertain draft, and a couple "meh" prospects. Wasn't worth it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Their previous 8 seasons prior to blatantly losing were filled with joyous moments, such as never bottoming out aside from one season, and consistently fighting for low seeds, only to be bounced in the first round whenever they managed to slip in. But to be fair they did manage to beat the Bulls when half of their team was injured. 

C-Dub

Reaction score
it all depends on how good Simmons turns out

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
It depends on if they make the correct decision of drafting Ingram over Simmons. Ingram is the prototypical player of the new NBA. I think its worth it because this positions them to compete in a weak Eastern Conference.

As well as trading Jalil for a different piece of the puzzle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%