Username Changes

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New SI Policy regarding Username changes.

I've realized that regardless of how much some of us cannot stand it...the desire to swap out Usernames just won't die. After thinking about it, people changing their username is inconvenient as far as recognizing your buddies...but there's a lot of worse things people could be asking for around here. At the same time, the Staff just wants Members to remain happy and stay posting. If a new username provides you with a frew energy to be active...so be it.

HOWEVER

No more Username change request thread. Admins will no longer change display and/or log-in information by request. Instead, you all now have the power to change your own Usernames via My Settings->Change Display Name.

Some Rules:
- "New Members" (under 25 posts) are not permitted to access Display Name Change option
- Must be at least 60 days from the day you registered at the site
- Cannot change Display Name no more than 4 times a year...more than sufficient

Absolutely no exceptions and this system also means no more changing log-in info, so don't forget it. Because it is not possible to wipe out the board's memory of username changes that have already gone down...some of you are stuck having to wait it out before you can make another change.

I totally expect this system to not drive Rip as crazy as the old system of him having to change them himself. :smile:

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I realize I just opened up the floogates but I'm following the theory of: "Give the kids what they want & eventually they'll get tired of wanting it."

Everyone just make sure you wear your nametag around the site.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I totally agree with this. Probably wont be changing my name anytime soon but now I know I can do it. But only 4 times in a year. Those who change their name a lot must be wise when doing this.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
So does it restart at the beginning of each year, or when from the time you made your first change?

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the time you made your first change. Go to the setting for changing your display name and it tells you the date you made your first change.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SMH. I didn't care about actually changing them, it's the fact I will now log on and have no idea who is who.

No one changed their names back in the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%