Urban Meyer resigns

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Urban Meyer is stepping down as football coach at Florida, the school's athletic director announced Wednesday.

"I fully grasp the sacrifices my 24/7 profession has demanded of me, and I know it is time to put my focus on my family and life away from the field," Meyer said.

"I will profoundly miss coming to campus every day to coach this team, but I will always be a Gator at heart," he said.

A news conference was scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday.

Meyer will coach his last game for Florida in the Outback Bowl against Penn State on Jan. 1 in Tampa.

The Gators, who won two national championships and two Southeastern Conference titles under Meyer, had a disappointing season in 2010, going 7-5 (4-4 SEC).

A year ago, Meyer announced he was retiring over health concerns, only to back away from that a day later and announce he was taking a leave of absence from coaching. He was back to his regular routine before spring practice

A three-time national coach of the year, Meyer posted a 64-15 record in six seasons at Florida. He also coached at Utah and Bowling Green.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5899478

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wonder what the chances are that he pulls the same bull<Censored> he did last year.

He literally told Dominique Easley that he would rather die on the field coaching him than choosing to retire, or some stupid <Censored> like that.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I honestly don't think he'll come back. Well not until late next season at the earliest. But that would only be if their coach is sucking real bad.

Mooche

Reaction score
I wonder what the chances are that he pulls the same bull<Censored> he did last year.

He literally told Dominique Easley that he would rather die on the field coaching him than choosing to retire, or some stupid <Censored> like that.
Favre syndrome? HAHA.

This is bad news for the Gators.. if he does stay away from them.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Talk about distraction for the last game, I don't see why he don't announce this after the Bowl Game. Nor do I get why he did this again lol.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
He just can't handle having a team that loses 4 games in a season. If they did better, he probably would of stayed. Not that he wont still.

werebarret

Reaction score
He's ridiculously burned out. He had his wake up call during last season, but he put it on snooze. The guy's genuinely burnt out and messed up. Hope he can find some peace and maybe return to coaching

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
Watch him go coach the Broncos :p

We all know he misses Tebow lol

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Hes not going to Denver, its already been reported that he won't jump to the NFL by Adam Schefter.

Kirwin Bell would be a solid hire for Florida.

Mooche

Reaction score
Hes not going to Denver, its already been reported that he won't jump to the NFL by Adam Schefter.

Kirwin Bell would be a solid hire for Florida.
It appears like Harbaugh out of Stanford is gonna be the guy to jump to the NFL.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watch this press conference...watch him hug his son. You'll understand why he's walking away from coaching. I don't think he's stay gone, a coach is a coach, but he's tired of missing out on his kids' lives...he's got nothing to prove and he doesn't need the money.

Why stay when your heart is somewhere else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%