Top offense in college football next year

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who do you think will have the top offense in the nation in 2011/2012?

I guess the obvious choice would be Oregon based on the system they have in place as well as the talent they have returning, but I think there should be a grading curve for an offense as gimmicky as Oregon's.

With that said, I'll take Oklahoma. With Landry Jones, Broyles and Kenny Stills, that passing game will be dynamic, as well as the always beefy offensive line they roll out there every year. The only question mark would be the inexperience at running back. Calhoun has a lot of potential, and should do fine with that offensive line as well as the fear their passing game will put into defenses.

A darkhorse would be Arkansas. They probably have the best returning group of receivers in the nation, and Tyler Wilson will pick up right where Mallett left off. I really liked what I saw out of him in limited action last year.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm going with Alabama. If their QB can come in and do well, they have some good players coming in, and they are pissed about last season. Richardson is gonna run his butt off.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alabama is far too conservative to be close to the best statistical offense in the nation.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love Oklahoma and Landry Jones, they'd be my pick.

Mooche

Reaction score
I love Oklahoma and Landry Jones, they'd be my pick.
As much as it hurts me to say. Yes. I'd go with this.

Landry Jones is going to be HUGE next year, and he's going to push himself now into the discussion of Barkley/Luck, but as a very high-end draft prospect.

Broyles is like a white Wes Welker, the kid is a flat out killer, and it hurts. :p

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
How is Broyles a white Wes Welker if Wes is already white :blink:

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
I don't consider scam offenses like Oregon anything real. Kind of like that shotgun 24/7 bullshit offense.

As far as legit offenses are concerned, Oklahoma/Arkansas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%