Top 10 League Assets

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

An "Asset" is defined as "a useful or valuable thing, person, or quality." In our league there are a number of players that we feel would garner the most interest if put on the market at any point soon. Here's our list of the Top 10 League Assets of the 2018-19 season.

1. KEVIN DURANT

$tunna - As far as versatility in the positions you can put a player and not have to worry about production wavering, KD is the golden child. The All-Time leader of the league in points and a 3-time champion. He could easily improve any team and get buckets in any system you throw him in. At 30, it puts him right in prime time, I personally couldn’t name a GM that wouldn’t love to have him.

TYO - There is no really debating this in my opinion. He’s the GOAT of this league and even if he had a 50 mill per year deal he would probably be underpaid and did we mention he’s still in his prime.

2. KEVIN LOVE

TYO - I’d be remiss to not put him here and honestly he has a case to be number one. He has put up numbers that the league very likely hasn’t seen since Wilt Chamberlain or Kareem. He is another guy that you can argue is underpaid based on what he does.

$tunna - It’s hard to fathom how KLove does the numbers that he does. He’s literally “Mr. Double-Double”. Looking at his production he literally looks like a cheat code half the time just from his percentages and box scores. Only reason he isn’t number 1 is because I question if he’d score the same way next to another incredible scorer the way KD has proven he can. Nevertheless, Love is a guaranteed bucket and doesn’t look to be slowing down any time soon.

3. JAMES HARDEN

$tunna - At 29, James is currently in his best shape of his career. The former MVP took a slight step back in numbers since the addition of Ty and Klay to the team but is still dropping an easy 30 a game. Not to mention he’s one of the best defenders and arguably the best two-way player in the league. He can seamlessly transition between the 1-2 spots for any team and improve them.

TYO - He’s another one who’s statistical dominance can not be understated. He’s leading many people favorite pick to win the title this year.

4. KYRIE IRVING

TYO - All-Star, champion and on a steal of a contract. Very few guys could shake up the trade market like Kyrie could if he was available.

$tunna - One of the youngest on the list and most consistent producers Kyrie is in his own world. A 2x MVP and Finals MVP, he’s quite the decorated 26-year old. He’s been paired next to all-time greats like LeBron, KD and Avery Bradley (?) yet has maintained dropping 30 plus a game for 4 seasons straight on demand. His age and accolades make him an easy Top 5 asset in the league, one could argue he should be #1.

5. STEPH CURRY

$tunna - The only player on this list that has played for one team his entire career and a large part of why the Hawks have had consistent success. He’s all-time league leader in triple doubles and his team has always been built to play to his strengths. He’s a player that could play the 1-2 with any lineup and a surprisingly great defender. With the recent addition of LeBron James it will be interesting to see if the years amazing play can finally translate into some serious postseason success.

TYO - He’s leading a top tier team in the east and with the recent move for LeBron James many people expect his team to compete with the Pacers for the east. He gets the edge over Jennings here because I believe he would have more suitors on the market than Jennings.

6. DEMARCUS COUSINS

TYO - Boogie comes in this high as the probably the second most dominant big in the league and he's still fairly young.

$tunna - One of the most consistent big mean in the league. Cousins hasn’t missed a beat since he got to New York. Outside of Kevin Love he may be the best big man to throw into any lineup. Stuffs a stat-sheet with ease night-in and night-out.

7. LEBRON JAMES

$tunna - Single-handedly made the Magic relevant until he left. Proven that he can dominate in any offense. At 33, he’s nearing the decline of his career but a declining Bron is still an elite talent on both ends. As a Hawk it’ll be interesting to see how he and Curry work out in the chase for their first championship.

TYO -  Even though he’s won a ring many teams would give a haul for this guy to be on their team even with him being an upcoming free agent.

8. PAUL GEORGE

TYO - He ranks this high because dominant wings are so scarce in this league that finding one like him makes him almost like a Unicorn in this league.

$tunna - PG unfortunately hasn’t quite had the chance to be on a team that truly lets him be the focus. But he’s one of the few wings in this league that consistently can get you and bucket and that’s rare in this league. At 28, he’s in great shape to take a big role in any offense.

9. JOHN WALL

$tunna - He doesn’t have the most eye catching stats of the elites but for what he’s currently paid and his defensive regimen, coupled with his former Finals MVP win, it’s hard to leave Wall out of the top 10. He’s a proven talent that at 28 is just hitting the prime of his career, in a league so guard dominant it definitely helps to have one that can hold it down on both ends like Wall.

TYO - Wall gets the pass over russ here due to his youth but it could go either way. Wall has been an elite player in this league since he was a rookie and is showing no signs of slowing down.

10. RUSSELL WESTBROOK

TYO - Westbrook...Currently injured but he's had a terrific season in the big apple. He barely gets the nod over Jennings here but he still wins the race.

$tunna - A former champion but still relevant star. Russell has been bounced around to so many different teams and styles that it’s almost impossible to think he couldn’t fit on any team.

Honorable Mentions: Brandon Jennings, Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Bradley Beal, Avery Bradley, Kristaps Porzingis, Marvin Bagley III

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMOTY said:
Hello I would like to file a complaint regarding Avery Bradley

A very close honorable mention lol

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
Julius Randle will be on the next one of these :clownemoji:

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
$4 - $tunna
$3 - TYO

Disagree with the lot of the list personally, but an interesting read.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
$4 - $tunna
$3 - TYO

Disagree with the lot of the list personally, but an interesting read.
Who do you think was left off?

Will

Reaction score
Good work with this guys was an interesting read. Cool to see both Wall and Evans getting a mention.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like this .. solid read

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
$tunna said:
Who do you think was left off?
LeBron just netted a bust Giannis and a late pick. I don't see how he's a top 10 asset and Chris Paul isn't. They're the same age and Chris Paul's stats are better. Derrick Rose also got no consideration when he should have. Kristaps being an honorable mention is also a joke. Pretty clear bias towards a certain team *thinking emoji*

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
LeBron just netted a bust Giannis and a late pick. I don't see how he's a top 10 asset and Chris Paul isn't. They're the same age and Chris Paul's stats are better. Derrick Rose also got no consideration when he should have. Kristaps being an honorable mention is also a joke. Pretty clear bias towards a certain team *thinking emoji*

I just wanted to know who you thought was left off, didn't need all the extra lol. 

But to provide some insight, none of the placements were based on what they earned in prior deals. Based off the fact that we can't really speak for how everyone views their own team needs at any given time, it's just value in our eyes. 

In my own opinion I'd put LeBron as more of an asset than Chris Paul just because it's so much harder to get good wings in this league than Guards.

The list already has 5 guards and none of them are over 30, so it's a bit of a stretch for me to see CP in the top 10. Especially when we had to leave off BJ and Lowry. 

I appreciate the feedback though, these type of lists are impossible to please everyone with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%