Tigers sign RHP Jordan Zimmermann

Foreman

Detroit Vs. Everybody
Reaction score
Beat me to it lol, pretty good pitcher, kinda average on my fantasy team last season but he'll help the rotation

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Detroit trying to hold onto their window. Think it already closed though

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Foreman said:
Beat me to it lol, pretty good pitcher, kinda average on my fantasy team last season but he'll help the rotation
Since 2011 he has been a 3.0 WAR+ pitcher and threw over 160.0 IP each of those years. He's consistent. There's some concerning signs though especially since his K/9 went down, BB/9 and HR/9 have gone up from last year.

His FB velocity has also gone down from about 94 MPH last year to 93 MPH this year.

catman

Reaction score
Not a bad deal for the Tigers. He's going to a decent team.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Their 1st round pick was protected so they give up a 2nd rounder to the Nationals

Stray32

Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
Their 1st round pick was protected so they give up a 2nd rounder to the Nationals
#ProtectThePick became an actual Tigers twitter hashtag as the season was winding down haha. But yeah I absolutely love the shit out of this move, knew a move like this was coming when we made trades for relatively cheap options at closer and OF but even then knew the Tigers weren't going much above $100 million so I love that we were able to get Zimmerman

Also [MENTION=3]BrewCrewFan[/MENTION] his K/9 went down but that's not indicative of ability because it's just what percentage of the outs you get are Ks not what percentage of batters. His K% "went down" but only in the sense that 2014 had been his best one of his career, 2015 was the 2nd-best K% of his career. His BB% was also strong and his BABIP was .302 which is on the average to high side, so no regression coming from that. So yeah I'm confident this won't be dead money on the back end [MENTION=9]Foreman[/MENTION]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%