The Graphics Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
I have noticed lately that almost every sig posted is left un-commented, please help the GFX section stay active and if see a sig, try to say something about it even if you don't like it, or if you do say so, give constructive criticism and try to be helpful. Thank you.

tribeTILLiDIE

Reaction score
I think having sigs separated into several subforums are kind of pointless and contributes to the inactivity because people aren't going to enjoy clicking and clicking and then getting to the basketball subforum, commenting in several topics, then go to the football subforum, do the same, then go to baseball, do the same, etc., etc., etc. I think you should just have one showcase forum, and make it a main forum. I guarantee that the activity will increase.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I do try to post CnC but I dont know much about sigs so its kinda just saying if I like it or not.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think having sigs separated into several subforums are kind of pointless and contributes to the inactivity because people aren't going to enjoy clicking and clicking and then getting to the basketball subforum, commenting in several topics, then go to the football subforum, do the same, then go to baseball, do the same, etc., etc., etc. I think you should just have one showcase forum, and make it a main forum. I guarantee that the activity will increase.
I like it organized like that because if you are looking for a sig they are easier to find. And usually people dont search for sigs to comment its just ones that are on the new posts list so it wouldnt make a difference IMO.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Although the organization is nice, I agree that it is easier for CnC to have them all in one place because the newer sigs are all spread out in different forums and its annoying to navigate

tribeTILLiDIE

Reaction score
Yeah, if the goal is to have more CnC (which I like, because I like getting feedback on my graphics), people would rather have them all in one place than having to dig through a forum to get to a subforum to have several more subforums of sigs, you know? True, it's more organized, but it's not really that smart if you want to get replies.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I always look at New Topics and post that way...
I believe most do it that way, too.

But........
if the GFX team is willing to move sigs after a couple of days of C&C, then we can do a separte forum for new ones -- but I want them to be eventually categorized. More times then not, newer members search for specific sigs to wear, not to critique them

tribeTILLiDIE

Reaction score
I always look at New Topics and post that way...
I believe most do it that way, too.

But........
if the GFX team is willing to move sigs after a couple of days of C&C, then we can do a separte forum for new ones -- but I want them to be eventually categorized. More times then not, newer members search for specific sigs to wear, not to critique them
Then this isn't the place for designers to come for CnC because if they post up a sig looking for feedback, they're sig is now property of SI and random people can take them and wear them? I don't know about that.....

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well obviously people ask for permission to wear them. Your putting words in his mouth...

tribeTILLiDIE

Reaction score
Well sorry, it has been two years since I've been here...

But yeah. The only thing I'm saying is in response to NJ pointing out the lack of feedback on the showcased graphics. And I came up with a, what I think, reasonable solution to the problem, but I see some of the main runners of the board are opposed to getting rid of the catagorized subforums.

By the way, this board has a search feature, so they can search for a graphic of a specific player that they're looking for if that counts...

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I prefer the organization.

But - in response ... the GFX Crew has a responsibility to provide criticism on all gfx work submitted something that will be adressed shortly.

being on the Crew requires a certain responsibility to me (2things)
1- to do requests in a timely manner
2- provide criticism for others

i do appreciate all suggestions and such. believe me, i will give it thought, but I really do prefer it to be organized for long term

maybe this:

i can make it so no one posts in the individual sports sections -- people can place their sig in the Signature forum, then Crew does like a biweekly move?

tribeTILLiDIE

Reaction score
I prefer the organization.

But - in response ... the GFX Crew has a responsibility to provide criticism on all gfx work submitted something that will be adressed shortly.

being on the Crew requires a certain responsibility to me (2things)
1- to do requests in a timely manner
2- provide criticism for others

i do appreciate all suggestions and such. believe me, i will give it thought, but I really do prefer it to be organized for long term

maybe this:
i can make it so no one posts in the individual sports sections -- people can place their sig in the Signature forum, then Crew does like a biweekly move?
I suppose, if that's what it must come down to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%