The 2011 Cornerbacks.

Mooche

Reaction score
How do you have them ranked at this point?

My rough list at this point

Patrick Peterson
Prince Amukamara
Brandon Harris
Jimmy Smith
Curtis Marsh
Aaron Williams
Kendric Burney
Ras-I Dowling

Keep an eye on Curtis Marsh. Small school at Utah State, but this guy has the potential to be a very nice player in the NFL at corner.

TTN2810

Reaction score
1. Patrick Peterson
2. a) Prince Amukamara
b) Jimmy Smith
c) Brandon Harris
5. Aaron Williams

PP7 is the clear best. Prince, the next best all around, may be best at safetly like some say, but as cover corners I feel like Smith and Harris are right there, and they are no slouches either in tackling for me.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Peterson
Jimmy Smith
Brandon Harris
Prince Amukamara
Kendric Burney
Curtis Marsh

top 5.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Ballsy ahah. IDK if I personally could say Smith and Harris are flat out better then Prince, but I can see where you are coming from. The game Blackmon just owned Prince does steer me away from him.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Ballsy ahah. IDK if I personally could say Smith and Harris are flat out better then Prince, but I can see where you are coming from. The game Blackmon just owned Prince does steer me away from him.
Michael Floyd owned Brandon Harris in their bowl game too. I just don't see Prince really working out too well.
I already think Jimmy Smith will be the better pro then them all. Peterson will be a Safety in the long run.. IMO.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'll have to look into that Floyd game.
But I love Peterson, I think he could be Polomalu like and just kinda line up anywhere.
As a ful corner, I like Jimmy the best though.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I'll have to look into that Floyd game.
But I love Peterson, I think he could be Polomalu like and just kinda line up anywhere.
As a ful corner, I like Jimmy the best though.
Jimmy has improved every year, I know the Jags for a fact are inlove with him. Thats the one hint Vic Ketchman dropped before leaving to Green Bay. He said really look out for Jimmy Smith. He also hinted every Jags fan of Alualu 2 days before the draft last year.

Mooche

Reaction score
Brandon Harris could very well move up higher in my rankings. Dude is a baller.

Jimmy Smith is mighty soft against the run..

TTN2810

Reaction score
Naw man, he's not the best, but he's solid. I've watched 3 games.

Mooche

Reaction score
Naw man, he's not the best, but he's solid. I've watched 3 games.
No, he's soft.. He's excellent in coverage, but I can't put him over Brandon Harris due to the fact he's a better dual prospect that way.

Harris has some mighty big potential..

TTN2810

Reaction score
IDK Mooche, I mean sure he doesn't have a safety's mentality going in for run support, but he plays it like a corner. He can make a few plays.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Brandon Harris is the best tackling CB in the draft, comparing Smith to him isn't fair.

Mooche

Reaction score
Brandon Harris is the best tackling CB in the draft, comparing Smith to him isn't fair.
Of course it's fair, lol.. People have Jimmy Smith as the second best CB in some cases, so I'll compare him to a 4-5th ranked guy, and he should be just as good of a tackler than the guy.

But he isn't.

He's a liability in the running game, and that's going to be a big time issue.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michael Floyd owned Brandon Harris in their bowl game too. I just don't see Prince really working out too well.
I already think Jimmy Smith will be the better pro then them all. Peterson will be a Safety in the long run.. IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dALAF-IbRag

Harris gave up only one catch to Floyd one on one all game, and he misjudged the ball and slipped... didn't really get "owned". He had a bad game, but its not as bad as some would tell you.

I have no idea what Harris or anyone else was doing on that first play however... nobody seemed to give much of a fuck about that game.

Mooche

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dALAF-IbRag

Harris gave up only one catch to Floyd one on one all game, and he misjudged the ball and slipped... didn't really get "owned". He had a bad game, but its not as bad as some would tell you.

I have no idea what Harris or anyone else was doing on that first play however... nobody seemed to give much of a fuck about that game.
He had fine coverage on Floyd before he slipped on that one TD. That wasn't THAT bad of a play.

I guess we should knock Prince for getting fooled on a trick play, and losing a jump ball to a physical freak like Blackmon, too.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Peterson
2. Prince
3. Smith
4. Harris
5. Williams
6. Burton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%