Tampa Bay Rays trading Crawford or Upton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The Tampa Bay Rays currently have a lineup that would make $70 million collectively next season, thanks to the trade of Scott Kazmir. But owner Stuart Sternberg has said that he wants to start next year with a payroll of around $63 million, which means another big-name player will likely be traded. Word is that it could either be Carl Crawford or B.J. Upton, according to MLB Trade Rumors. Replacing whoever gets traded will likely be Desmond Jennings, who spent time in double-A and triple-A this year, hitting .318 and stealing 52 bases.

Crawford, who will turn 28 next season, has one more year left on his contract worth between $10 million and $11 million. He's hit .303 so far this year and stolen 57 bases.

Upton is arbitration-eligible this off-season, is hitting .233 with 10 homers, and has 37 steals. He'll be 25 next season.

Source: MLB Trade Rumors
Carl has played amazing this year and any team would want such a stellar defensive prescence in LF. As for Upton, he has soo much untapped potential that I would hold onto him because I think he can turn it around. I wonder what this team would be like with a decent-sized payroll......

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Trade Upton, Crawford is the best thing to happen to this franchise

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I can see them trading one of their big pieces. Possibly Carlos Pena cuz he is currently making 8 million this year.

Donkey

Members
Reaction score
crawford is beast and the rays best player

when they are already doing bad getting rid of there star wouldn't help much unless they get like 2 top prospects and lots of cash in return lol

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I can see them trading one of their big pieces. Possibly Carlos Pena cuz he is currently making 8 million this year.
I'd trade Pena. If I were the Rays I'd want to keep Longoria, Upton and Crawford. They're the faces of this franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%