Steelers’ Roethlisberger back, but for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
http://www.sportzin.com/blog/?p=419

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I find it interesting how the WHITE player gets away with it and only gets a suspension.

hmmm....

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN - Ben Roethlisberger has been suspended for the first six games of the 2010 season.

also was ordered to undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation. Commissioner Roger Goodell will evaluate Roethlisberger's progress before the season and might consider reducing the suspension to four games.

However, a failure to comply with the NFL's ruling might lead to a longer suspension.

Roethlisberger is barred from attending any Steelers offseason activity after Wednesday until he completes the evaluation. He can participate in training camp and preseason games this summer as long as he is cleared by the evaluators and Goodell.

"The Personal Conduct Policy makes clear that I may impose discipline 'even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime' as, for example, where the conduct 'imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person'," Goodell stated in his letter to Roethlisberger.

"As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated. There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The Personal Conduct Policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that 'undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.' By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard."

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adam Schefter/ESPN - The Steelers have began calling teams with a top-10 pick in Thursday's Draft with the hopes of trading Ben Roethlisberger.

It has been reported that Roethlisberger will be suspended for the first 4-6 games of the 2010 season. All of the teams that were interested in acquiring Donovan McNabb will be in the market for Roethlisberger.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea, if the Steelers find an opportunity to trade Ben to another team with a top ten pick they will definitely do it. The Cleveland Browns make the most sense, Ben is from that area and the Browns are looking for a QB. The problem is how reluctant the Steelers are willing to trade him within the division. But we have seen a great QB already traded within the division in Mcnabb.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I find it interesting how the WHITE player gets away with it and only gets a suspension.

hmmm....
STFU. The 6 games is already two much considering he didn't even get charged.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'll do what Goodell said and it will be a 4 game suspension.

And if the Steelers would trade us Roethlisberger for #7, I would do it in a heartbeat..

Mooche

Reaction score
This league has become a <Censored>ing serious joke. 6 games? Get real please. This coming from a guy who isn't a Big Ben supporter, and I dislike many players on the Steelers, but regardless, it's absolutely excessive. He wasn't found guilty of anything in the judical system, so how can he be suspended? Goodell is abusing his power outright. The whole black thing is a joke - why do you think players around the league are saying this is completely out of left field with six games? Because it clearly is, he wasn't found guilty, and plus. Remember a few years ago, coming out of jail, Vick got TWO games. Make the argument he did his time with jail, fine, but Goodell is coming up with this "code of conduct" and if that was the case with Ben getting WAY more games, then Vick should have got more. No doubt.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think goodell just makes these "rules" up on the fly lol.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Ahh man.. Only 6 games???? I was hoping he'd be suspended for the entire season, dang it all. Even though I knew that wasn't going to happen, just wishful thinking. Hopefully they lose their first 6 games.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, the DA made it clear they thought he did something but they didn't have enough evidence to charge him.. After all the police "lost" a tape that could have helped a lot.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Tebow to Steelers

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
This league has become a <Censored>ing serious joke. 6 games? Get real please. This coming from a guy who isn't a Big Ben supporter, and I dislike many players on the Steelers, but regardless, it's absolutely excessive. He wasn't found guilty of anything in the judical system, so how can he be suspended? Goodell is abusing his power outright. The whole black thing is a joke - why do you think players around the league are saying this is completely out of left field with six games? Because it clearly is, he wasn't found guilty, and plus. Remember a few years ago, coming out of jail, Vick got TWO games. Make the argument he did his time with jail, fine, but Goodell is coming up with this "code of conduct" and if that was the case with Ben getting WAY more games, then Vick should have got more. No doubt.
I too hate him; however, it's not that excessive -- had he been charged and convicted. You must understand that this isn't going to hinder him financially, nor is this going to hurt his career. Don't hate me for saying this but it's not like those six games are going to cost him some historic NFL record or a place in Canton.

Vick is a different story, he did his time to pay back society, and if you remember he was suspended for six games as well, but only had to do two. Vick had to play for a team, he was bankrupt and in court for that too, I understand Roger cutting his back by four games.

Big Ben won't have to do all six games if you ask me, he'll do what is mandated, apologize, and may not have to do any if this gets thrown out or if he is found not-guilty. However, this guy has go to stop putting himself in these situations. This is twice now, and that's why I think Goodell is laying down the law on him -- he's still young but has got to stop with this type of crap. It's senseless and it makes the NFL look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%