SI NFL Podcast; Episode one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-85189/TS-375288.mp3

First recording. We made a few; however, this was just a first time run. Next time we will for sure have the ability for people to call in, and for sure will let people know a time in advance of what times to call in for each topic.

Mooche, Erik, and I hope that you all enjoy this and we look forward to the next episode.

Thank you,
SI NFL Podcast team.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I listened to some of it. Mooche needs to work on not using so many crutch words. He literally said "um" or "ah" at least 23 times in 5 minutes. My only other issue is how awkward and scripted the show sounds. Chillax a little, play it casual, and yes, find a way to get callers. Chill out on the stat-overload Blake. When you spit that many stats in such a short time, its easy for a listener to stop paying attention.

My question is how will this podcast going to advertise the site?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Do you mean how is it?

We had certain topics that we chose to talk about. We'll do somethings different next episode.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Very good podcast guys. Great Idea will listen to them everytime u post.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i compare russel to david carr. the fact that carr getting sacked so many times just killed his developement and russell might have had a chance had he not gone to the raiders, like carr might have had a chance had he not been thrown into starting for the texans ans take record amounts of sacks

Oiler35

Reaction score
Blake, what the hell was going on in the background?
I'm down for helping out on this.

Mooche

Reaction score
Hah, sorry boys about the umm thing. We didn't really have a well organized start, we will be definitely fixing that next time around. As well guys, we will be posting all the info and that good stuff at a later date, but if you would like to call in it is a Pittsburgh number, so make sure you have Nationwide calling I guess. Hopefully you guys liked it though!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hah, sorry boys about the umm thing. We didn't really have a well organized start, we will be definitely fixing that next time around. As well guys, we will be posting all the info and that good stuff at a later date, but if you would like to call in it is a Pittsburgh number, so make sure you have Nationwide calling I guess. Hopefully you guys liked it though!
The crutch-word thing is extremely common. I used to have the same problem when I first became an instructor. Look in the mirror and say "um" and "ah" over and over again. Say it a ridiculous amount of times....you'll be sick of saying both in no time. That helps, trust me.

As far as the show format:

Get together on the topics you want to make sure you hit but try and keep the discussion as opinion-driven as possible. When I did the SI Radio thing, I found that keeping points of argument 60% or more stat-driven is not only boring for most but doesn't leave much controversy. Remember how big of a role controversy plays in today's media. At the same time, differences in opinion is what will trigger listeners to want to interact directly with the show.

Find a way to make it happen and I will be more than happy to call in, regardless of the number. The SI Community supported SI Radio while I was doing it and I will do the same for everyone else here.

Mooche

Reaction score
I appreciate all the feedback AE. Really do. Thanks a lot, I look forward to hearing from you in one of the next shows.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I was driving, next time I'll be sure to be in a location without wind.

Glad everyone likes this.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I listened to the podcast, I thought it was very good considering it was both your first time working together. Hope to listen to more of your NFL podcasts. And I agree with what AE said about spicing it up with differences of opinion that are out there. Great job once again.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Suggestion for next show...tie in the Lebron fiasco by exploring similar situations. You know Favre is questionably the first name to come up...but what else?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
We can attempt that, but I'm going to bring up the Walter quote the entire time.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Blaze on SI.

He doesn't post much, he's worked at the Tampa Tribune for three years as an NFL agate person.

Erik knows his <Censored>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%