Shaq Injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami Herald -
Heat center Shaquille O'Neal left in the first quarter of the Heat's 92-76 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats , shortly after he sustained a left quadriceps contusion.

O'Neal immediately grabbed his hip and grimaced after a collision with Bobcats center Emeka Okafor just five minutes into the game.

O'Neal had attempted a hook shot in the lane. Okafor jumped to block the shot, but caught O'Neal with a knee.

O'Neal remained in the game for several minutes before he was replaced. He re-entered late in the first quarter but was noticeably limping and soon came out for good. He stayed in the locker room for the second half as the Heat was blown out for the third time in four games, dropping the team's preseason record to 0-4.

After the game, O'Neal said he didn't believe the injury was serious. He seemed more frustrated that he had another "freak injury" despite his wearing padded protection.

"The crazy thing about it is, I've got pads," O'Neal said. "I've got knee pads. I've got quad pads. I've got shin pads. And the place it's not padded, [Okafor] got me."

R6Vox

Reaction score
I think this is going to be a common story throughout the whole season for the Miami Heat. Shaq really does want to play this season though. You could tell he was really upset with this. It's probably discouraging to go from the most dominating center in NBA history to someone who gets injured everytime he gets bumped by one of the younger guys. This is Shaq's last chance at one more NBA title and the window is closing fast, it'll be interesting to see what happens with him this season.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hooray!!! Maybe the'll start playing Earl Barron alot more.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know I could really care less bout the Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%