Santana Still Hopeful To Pitch This Month

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Setbacks in his recovery from shoulder surgery ruined Johan Santana‘s plans to join the Mets by mid-August, but the two-time Cy Young winner is still holding out some hope of pitching in the majors before the end of the season.

Santana resumed his minor-league rehab assignment Saturday at Single-A with two innings of one-run ball and, barring another setback, is scheduled to make his second rehab start Friday.

Because the minor-league season is coming to an end any further pitching will have to be in instructional leagues or, if Santana gets his wish, with the Mets.

Assistant general manager John Ricco smartly told Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger that the Mets’ priority is getting Santana ready for 2012 rather than making sure he can make at least one appearance this season, but did admit that “we’ll have to get creative because the minor-league seasons will end.”
NBC Sports

I think we'll see him back by next friday, although probably on tuesday or wednesday to keep him on schedule since he is set to pitch a rehab game on friday.

I honestly think it's a wasted effort at this point, and they should just focus on strengthening his arm without activating him from the disabled list, ensuring that he'd be 100% ready and healthy next season.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I agree, its just a wasted effort. Itll just be a reminder of where the team couldve been if they had Santana. So stupid these reports, so much for coming back at the All Star break, lmao.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well the all-star break was like, earliest possible. Then he had minor setbacks here and there.

Mets got a training facility down in the Dominican Republic. Idk if thats just for youth development or development & conditioning, but I think it should be considered at the least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%