Rollins Wants 5-Year Deal

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Last week impending free agent Jimmy Rollins explained that he won’t be giving a “hometown discount” to the Phillies and today the former MVP told reporters that he’ll be looking for a five-year contract on the open market.

During a press conference this morning Rollins made it clear that he wants to re-sign with the Phillies and spend his entire career in Philadelphia, but “I’m looking to get five years … if it’s going to be shorter, there’d have to be a fifth-year option, my option.”

Of course, the fact that Rollins wants a five-year contract as he approaches free agency has little bearing on whether any team will actually give him a five-year contract. He remains one of the better all-around shortstops in baseball, but he’ll be 33 years old next month and has hit .255 with a .316 on-base percentage and .403 slugging percentage during the past three seasons while missing 100 games with injuries.
I'd say let him test that asking price on the market... lol. Then he'd probably come crawling back on a 3 year deal.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Hes not even good at all anymore. I would give him 2 years max, with a 3rd year option. Hes been constantly injured and he isnt that 30 HR 30 SB type of guy anymore.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
He only hit 30 HRs once in his career, although I'd say he is still a 30 SB guy, assuming he can stay healthy for a full season.

But like you said, that's short-term. Odds of him still being a 30 stolen base guy in 4 or 5 years is slim to none.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
What I meant is that 20+ HR power, he just doesnt have it anymore. And you have to take into account he plays at CBP, so his stats would be worse at an actually average ballpark.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
giants might give him that 5 year deal

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
What I meant is that 20+ HR power, he just doesnt have it anymore. And you have to take into account he plays at CBP, so his stats would be worse at an actually average ballpark.
i wasn't questioning what you said. I agree he doesn't have that power.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He's never going to get that unless the Giants are really desperate. A three year deal is fine for Rollins. 3 years, 24 million sounds right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%