Rodney Stuckey Collapses During Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CLEVELAND (AP)—Detroit’s Rodney Stuckey(notes) was conscious and breathing on his own as he was taken to a hospital after collapsing on the Pistons’ bench during a game Friday night.

The Pistons said Stuckey was taken to the Cleveland Clinic and his vital signs were stable, but was going for further testing and observation. Stuckey collapsed into a trainer's arms on the bench Friday night during a game against the Cavaliers.

Stuckey was wheeled off the court on a stretcher during the third quarter after he collapsed into a trainer’s arms on the bench during the game against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Stuckey walked off the floor for a timeout showing no signs of illness. After a few moments in a chair, though, Stuckey slumped over.

Medical personnel rushed over to the Pistons’ bench with a stretcher. Play was halted for 12 minutes as the medical staff worked on Stuckey, placed an oxygen mask on his face and wheeled him into an ambulance.

Cleveland players huddled together with their heads bowed, while Pistons teammate Tayshaun Prince(notes) sat silent in his chair a few feet away as Stuckey was being treated.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Appears that he is alright right now.. Looked really bad, hope he makes a full recovery.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope he'll be alright

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
During a timeout in the Pistons game in Cleveland on Friday night, Rodney Stuckey was removed on a stretcher and taken to the hospital after an unknown medical problem.

Brian Windhorst wrote that Stuckey appeared to suffer some type of seizure.

Stuckey started shaking on the bench and then fell to the floor in the area between the bench and the court.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My heart stopped while I watched this. I hope to God he makes a complete a full recovery man. I almost cried watching it.

Get better Stuckey, you're a tough dude.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw that, it looked really scary. I hope he recovers soon.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Team sources told Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski that Stuckey didn’t have a seizure, as some initial reports suggested. “He was lightheaded and couldn’t get his bearings, but he never lost consciousness,” one source said.

After a somewhat similar episode in the Pistons’ locker room at halftime of a game last season, Stuckey underwent a battery of tests on his heart. No irregularities were found. At the time, team officials thought Stuckey was simply dehydrated.
Wonderful news.

Mooche

Reaction score
Really odd stuff, I've done this before, just passed out. One of the absolute most scary things of my life thus far, hah. Hopefully Stuckey is alright though - crazy stuff.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good to hear it wasnt a seizure, I hope he gets better. We're out of the playoffs and a lock for the lottery so we better just take this slow, no need to have him rush back.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Yeah, This happened to me before, really scary ish, thank god he's alright.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good to hear it wasnt a seizure, I hope he gets better. We're out of the playoffs and a lock for the lottery so we better just take this slow, no need to have him rush back.
Yeah for sure. I just hope he comes back relatively soon.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wow, just saw the video
thats really scary. hope he's ok.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
From Realgm.com

Detroit Pistons guard Rodney Stuckey was released from the Cleveland Clinic Saturday afternoon and will be returning to Detroit.

All medical tests completed at the Cleveland Clinic returned normal.

Stuckey will undergo further tests upon returning to Detroit and will be treated accordingly.
I don't see him coming back for at least a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%