Report: Lesnar wants out of UFC

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Take this story with a grain of salt, its from a Wrestling news website & all these nerds do all day is speculate outlandish possibilities. I will say that it takes about 6 hours for Dana White to blast this such rumors.

According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo Sports, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is looking for an "exit strategy" to get out of his UFC contract, which most believe currently has one fight left on it. Lesnar "badly" wants to work WWE's WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year.

The MMA world has been buzzing about this story since Dave Melzer broke the news on Monday night. Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Lesnar has been hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated $2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

-Source
EDIT: I read every interview Brock has given since his title loss. Brock NEVER said he wants to leave the UFC. All he says is that he'd love to be a part of the next Wreslemania.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well if the report is right he's gonna make 2 million dollars, who wouldn't want to for that kind of money lol. But I wouldn't doubt him wanting to retire and just live at home in Minnesota with his family.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Again, an interview in which Lesnar said he "badly wants to do Wrestlemania" and said nothing about leaving the UFC...has turned into a massive shitstorm.

Does this story prove just how much the WWE has fucking tanked since they cleaned up their image and slowed down all the wrestling? I think so.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh I know he never said he wanted out of UFC, I'm sure he wants to keep fighting but I've seen reports before that he likes living a quite life with his family out in Minnesota, so maybe he just wants one more big pay day and then just retire out in Minnesota.

But Dana would never let him go work for another company even for one night, especially since they're bigger then the WWE. Doesn't help UFC out in any way.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL I don't see why anyone would want to go back to WWE after a good career in UFC. I guess it is less physically demanding.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
WWE is the most watched show and they make money for doing a match for 15 minutes. Way less demand and punishment.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WWE is the most watched show and they make money for doing a match for 15 minutes. Way less demand and punishment.
Yea, go ask Kurt Angle how luxurious it is as a professional wrestler. You guys make it sound like the only time they perform is on Monday Night Raw. Your totally leaving out the non-stop touring they do across the country.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No one is saying he is returning to WWE, he wants to just do a one time thing at Wrestlemania, to bring in 2 million dollars, which would probably be about 15 minutes of work, which is a no brainer for him but not for Dana, he gains nothing out of it. Professional Wrestling in general is a huge strain though like you said, the WWE's touring schedule is rigorous, and then there are other smaller companies who also do a lot of traveling but for a lot less money.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd never put in a resume to a job that requires me to get punched repeatedly in the face, constantly watch what I eat, and spend 18 hours of every 24-hour day in a gym...but after watching "Beyond the Mat", I'm not sure professional wrestling is something I'd want to do either. If these Pro Wrestlers have a better option to make a shitload of money, they take it. Just ask Dwayne Johnson why he went to Hollywood or Mick Foley why he decided to become an author instead.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mick Foley was insane, who knows if the guy even cared he was getting beat the hell out of but you're right about that, you're going to leave if you can make as much money else where.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL I don't see why anyone would want to go back to WWE after a good career in UFC. I guess it is less physically demanding.
Less physically demanding? I'm pretty sure the 300+ days on the road take more out of you than 2 or 3 fights a year.

Funny thing is that Brock wouldn't even win if he does a match at Wrestlemania, since it'd be most likely against the Undertaker. But hey, for 2 million dollars you can't complain.

Dizzy Darko

Reaction score
The reason this story got so big (and I believe Meltzer mentioned this) was because Brock has shown a clear history of leaving for a big pay day when the going gets tough at his current job.

Left the WWF for the NFL when things started to get rocky.
Left the NFL for Japanese Wrestling when he couldn't make the Vikings roster
Left Japanese Wrestling for MMA
And now the rumors of him wanting to bail on the UFC because he is no longer the "Baddest Man on the Planet"

It could just all be leverage for a big pay day, but you can't really ignore the pattern.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
the wwe does shows all week but they only televise 2 a week, correct?

thats what i always thought.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hear John Cena really fucked up his leg at some house show and he's going to be shelved for a while. This leads me to believe McMahon really, really need Lesnar in order to add some starpower to Wrestlemania...which is probably going to continue to suck anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%