Reggie Bush has still not returned Heisman Trophy

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With the news that USC has to give up the BCS title from 2004, we revisited the status of Reggie Bush’s ’05 Heisman Trophy. We reported in December that the Heisman Trust had yet to receive Bush’s trophy. According to a source at the Heisman Trust, as of Monday Reggie Bush has still not returned his Heisman Trophy, just short of nine months after the decision came down that he had to give up the honor.
Good for Reggie.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yup i wouldnt give it back either lol.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he won't give, just go take it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good. I wouldn't give it back either. He deserves it completely.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he won't give, just go take it.
Who's going to go over there and take it? Like I said on another forum, will the entire Heisman committee go knock on his door and threaten him if he doesn't give it back?

It's been nine months, I think that would have happened already.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have no idea how they run things, but that trophy doesn't belong to him ((since they took it away) but he did deserve the award) He just messed up and its costing USC big time.

Now will they let him keep it? Maybe, but it seems unlikely to me.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Who's going to go over there and take it? Like I said on another forum, will the entire Heisman committee go knock on his door and threaten him if he doesn't give it back?

It's been nine months, I think that would have happened already.
Lol exactly. They're not gonna go over there and threaten him to give it back. At this point it's his choice, not like they can do anything about it, they already removed him from the record books and shit.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have no idea how they run things, but that trophy doesn't belong to him ((since they took it away) but he did deserve the award) He just messed up and its costing USC big time.

Now will they let him keep it? Maybe, but it seems unlikely to me.
Actually, he gave up the Heisman title, the records, and such. He never said he'd give back the trophy. That's one thing that people get mixed up about.

Like I said, it's been nine months, if they were going to take it they would have already. Hell, as long as Cam Newton has his trophy if I was Reggie I wouldn't give up mine.

I don't blame him though, he shouldn't give it back. Getting "benefits" didn't make him a better football player. In all honesty, which star college football player hasn't recieved benefits? He's sadly just one of many to get caught.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Actually, he gave up the Heisman title, the records, and such. He never said he'd give back the trophy. That's one thing that people get mixed up about.

Like I said, it's been nine months, if they were going to take it they would have already. Hell, as long as Cam Newton has his trophy if I was Reggie I wouldn't give up mine.

I don't blame him though, he shouldn't give it back. Getting "benefits" didn't make him a better football player. In all honesty, which star college football player hasn't recieved benefits? He's sadly just one of many to get caught.
Yeah, there is no arguing that. But still, if you take them, your have to live with the consequences. Not being the heisman is his consequence. And USC being messed up now. I honestly don't think he should be allowed to keep a trophy or anything, he messed up, he got caught, now he must live with it.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, there is no arguing that. But still, if you take them, your have to live with the consequences. Not being the heisman is his consequence. And USC being messed up now. I honestly don't think he should be allowed to keep a trophy or anything, he messed up, he got caught, now he must live with it.
The thing with me is, I'm not condoning somebody doing something illegal as long as they don't get caught. But I look at this whole Reggie Bush thing as like when cops break up parties with like 100 underage teens and everyone scatters in different directions and cops somehow catch one dude, and that one dude gets penalized for the same actions that 99 others were taking. You know those other 99 kids were doing it too, but they just get let go free.

I say somebody (no idea who, this is just me talking out of my ass) should come down on the NCAA for all this too. They want to talk about corrupt college football players? The NCAA is just as corrupt, if not more. We all know they know damn well that these players were getting things they shouldn't have been getting. You think Sam Bradford didn't recieve benefits at Oklahoma? Luck at Stanford? We already know about Newton at Auburn. JaMarcus Russell boarding the team plane at LSU in those bigass fur jackets. I mean the list goes on and on.

Yesterday I was listening to a interview by Colt McCoy's wife who said at Texas her concerns were never other college girls trying to get with Colt, it was 45 year old men who wanted to be with him just because he was Colt McCoy. She said it hurt both of them to see that Colt struggled to take them out to dinner because he was broke, but you'd see hundreds of people walking around campus with McCoy jerseys on. I say it's time for the NCAA to penalize these 45 year old leeches rather than these 19 year old teens. How is a 19 year old teen who is broke going to refuse a 100 dollar bill?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The thing with me is, I'm not condoning somebody doing something illegal as long as they don't get caught. But I look at this whole Reggie Bush thing as like when cops break up parties with like 100 underage teens and everyone scatters in different directions and cops somehow catch one dude, and that one dude gets penalized for the same actions that 99 others were taking. You know those other 99 kids were doing it too, but they just get let go free.

I say somebody (no idea who, this is just me talking out of my ass) should come down on the NCAA for all this too. They want to talk about corrupt college football players? The NCAA is just as corrupt, if not more. We all know they know damn well that these players were getting things they shouldn't have been getting. You think Sam Bradford didn't recieve benefits at Oklahoma? Luck at Stanford? We already know about Newton at Auburn. JaMarcus Russell boarding the team plane at LSU in those bigass fur jackets. I mean the list goes on and on.

Yesterday I was listening to a interview by Colt McCoy's wife who said at Texas her concerns were never other college girls trying to get with Colt, it was 45 year old men who wanted to be with him just because he was Colt McCoy. She said it hurt both of them to see that Colt struggled to take them out to dinner because he was broke, but you'd see hundreds of people walking around campus with McCoy jerseys on. I say it's time for the NCAA to penalize these 45 year old leeches rather than these 19 year old teens. How is a 19 year old teen who is broke going to refuse a 100 dollar bill?
I know...I wasn't saying you weren't saying that.

And I agree, the NCAA is very shady.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I want to see how he can hold onto it. As said, I don't know who they'd have come get it from him. It's his choice. He clearly was the best player that year. I know i'd keep it. I think the only way they will get it form him, is if he gives it up.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I want to see how he can hold onto it. As said, I don't know who they'd have come get it from him. It's his choice. He clearly was the best player that year. I know i'd keep it. I think the only way they will get it form him, is if he gives it up.
I can easily see them pushing legal action if he doesn't return it. Its technically not his, and they can sue him for not giving it back.

But I'd probably keep it to, until someone told me to cough it up.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
He didn't earn shit. They played players alongside him that where not eligible.

If they would have done things by the book they wouldn't have had such a good record or even had a chance to steal the Heisman from the Nation Champion Vince Young that stomped their asses that year.

VY should come down there and take it from his dumb ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%