Rays vs. Cuba

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't want to get too into the politics of the this but...I kinda like it, I kinda don't. The Cuban people will benefit from MLB and all the media showing up, (already seeing some of the dressing up the stadium they did), but I feel like they're exploiting a years old, shitty situation. It should've been just about baseball and then I watch Obama shake hands with Cuban leaders who continue to oppress their own people. The photo in front of the Che mural...priceless. 

About the lack of Cuban Human Rights:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/20/cuba-obama-visit-anti-castro-protesters-clash

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think one of the great injustices is how these Cuban players can defect and get a multi-million dollar contract immediately while an American prospect has to go through years in the minors getting paid measly wages in comparison to the contracts dealt to the Cubans. The system is flawed and needs to be fixed.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think we should build a wall

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
I think one of the great injustices is how these Cuban players can defect and get a multi-million dollar contract immediately while an American prospect has to go through years in the minors getting paid measly wages in comparison to the contracts dealt to the Cubans. The system is flawed and needs to be fixed.

In all fairness, the risk involved in a Cuban player's defection far, far exceeds that of an American prospect. Cuban prospects' entry to MLB will eventually be more fluid and standardized but for now, these guys have to abandon their entire family on a gamble that may not pay off. Shit, we at least can go to a gas station and buy a gallon of milk for under $4 right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%