Raptors Worthy of Taking 4th Place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been very anxious for the Raptors game tonight because the Raptors have been more successful than I've ever seen them since TJ Ford was a Raptor. Jarrett Jack makes me realize how T.J Ford was a big part of our team, and Jack has a similar type of playing style in my opinion. Hedo Turkoglu has also been playing at his best level as of late, I think he has found the groove he once had in Orlando, I think he just needed the time to get used to being in a Raptors uniform around several different teammates.

Anyways, there's one thing I realized that can help the Raptors move up in the standings to possibly one of the top 4 spots in the Eastern Conference; we have an easy schedule.

This is what it looks like the next 6 games:

IND (Today) [16-32], NJ (Tomorrow) [4-42], SAC (Feb 7) [16-31], PHI (Feb 10) [16-31], MEM (Feb 17) [26-21], NJ (Feb 19) [4-42]

This can probably extend our winning streak to at least 9 considering IND, NJ, SAC, PHI are all teams the Raptors are highly capable of defeating. The Memphis Grizzlies are the toughest matchup out of these 5 teams. They're the only one with a record over .500, and it is awfully similar to the Raptors 26-22 record, this one will most likely be the one to make or break the Raptors winning streak. After these 6 games, we will be seeing teams like the Trailblazers, Cavaliers and Thunder. Games like these will be a true test for the Raptors if they want to be able to compete in the playoffs, but they did already beat the Lakers, by one point. See for yourself here:

What are your thoughts? Are the Raptors capable of being a top 4 team in the Eastern Conference? Where do you think the Raptors will end up in the standings?

http://slowandmo.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/...take-4th-place/

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We are not worthy of being in 4th place Atlanta is way better than us and I don't think we'll catch up to them because they'd have to start losing. If we were to face Atlanta in the playoffs they might even sweep us they're a really good team on both ends of the court.

Don't judge a team by their record all of those teams could beat us especially the Pacers tonight, the Sixers, and the Grizzlies

We just beat the Pacers last game but they beat us two weeks ago

No Turkoglu tonight as well

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're right, maybe I'm just being a homer, but how can we not beat the Nets who have only won 4 games? Sacramento is a tough team, so is Philadelphia, but we have a better chance at beating teams like these 5 than teams like the Cavaliers, Nuggets or Lakers.

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yi Jianlian is a beast <3 lmao i scored 40 with him in that losing effort against your Bulls

but yea I know we'll probably beat the Nets still. I just want to see if Kris Humphries will beast it that game against us I mean since arriving to the Nets he's been having some big games scoring 20+ or 30+ lol

As long as we make the playoffs I'm cool, then I'll start cheering for us to win and get past the first round

anyways do you want to play some NBA 2K10 i find our matches highly entertaining

VC15

Reaction score
I'm not sure that I see the point in this thread at all...

That said, what's the point of being happy with 4th place?

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nets = sign Amare in offseason and draft John Wall OMG

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they got a nice chance with the celtics being the walking wounded

you know who hopes they get that seed?
the Cavs
thats an easy rd. 2 sweep. quick and painless

VC15

Reaction score

the Cavs
Requesting permission to put the quoted post above on truth.com

Now the Atlantic does not even have one really good team.

BTW John Wall 2010?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^Wizards are getting Wall

VC15

Reaction score
I guess it would make up for Gilbert failing to live up to his MVP expectations this year. <3

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol

but it makes too much sense

i know it's all chance, but they will get lucky and get that pick

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yi Jianlian is a beast <3 lmao i scored 40 with him in that losing effort against your Bulls

but yea I know we'll probably beat the Nets still. I just want to see if Kris Humphries will beast it that game against us I mean since arriving to the Nets he's been having some big games scoring 20+ or 30+ lol

As long as we make the playoffs I'm cool, then I'll start cheering for us to win and get past the first round

anyways do you want to play some NBA 2K10 i find our matches highly entertaining
I'm down to play 2k10.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

the Cavs
Our goal is to get out of the first round anyway lol. But to get farther than that would be unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%