Quade Confident In 2012 Return

Reaction score
As his team continues its search for a new GM, Cubs manager Mike Quade is confident he will return in 2012.

"It hasn't been what we hoped for," said Quade, whose fifth-place Cubs wrapped up his first full season Wednesday with a loss to the Padres. "But I am not disappointed in the way I handled things and the way I went about my business. Good season, bad season, you go home and evaluate. And you always try to get better.

"But I still feel pretty good about this job and doing what I do. But if somebody else has a different thought and they come in here they will make that decision."
-RealGM

I hope to God that we don't bring him back. The guy was absolutely horrible for us this year. Just go out and get someone who actually knows how to manage a team, and who actually is smart! Maybe Sandberg would be the right option at this point in time? I'd love to see him with the Cubs. Just go out and get someone other than Quade.

Thoughts?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I don't think a manager should ever be fired with a roster this bad. You've got Starlin Castro, Aramis Ramirez, and....that's about it.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Quade's a joke. Players had no respect for him as a manger. He was more friend than manager.

I don't think Sandberg is the answer though either, plus after how he didn't get the job last year, I doubt he wants to come take it now after Quade failed. He didn't leave the organization on the best of terms.

I honestly wouldn't mind giving Bob Brenly his shot. Guy has a ton of passion for the Cubs and has won in the past.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
is Bob Brenly interested in being manager of the Cubs?
things can happen, he can get fired, and then he can't associate with the Cubs anymore

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
is Bob Brenly interested in being manager of the Cubs?
things can happen, he can get fired, and then he can't associate with the Cubs anymore
He was interviewed last year alongside Quade and Sandberg, but pulled himself out of the running.

I doubt he leaves the booth, but it's just something I wouldn't mind seeing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%