Prospects with Checkered Pasts

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's a list of NFL prospects for this upcoming draft who have had run-ins with the law during college. Will the Bengals or Raiders draft every single one? Are Bengals and Raiders are criminals jokes getting old? Only time will tell.

Kenrick Ellis - DT - Hampton: booted from South Carolina for multiple violations of unspecified team rules. IT's rumored that the team rules violated were due to multiple failed drug tests.

Cam Newton - QB - Auburn: Arrested after being found with a stolen laptop from a UF student. He painted over the laptop and wrote "CAM NEWTON" on it, which must have been to show it was his. Later left UF to not be suspended/expelled for academic cheating.

Ryan Mallett - QB - Arkansas: Arrested for Public Intoxication in 2009 after transferring from Michigan. Has rampant rumors of "drug addiction"

Jimmy Smith - CB - Colorado: failed a drug test back in 2007, and had two charges of minor in possession during his time with the Buffs.

Mitch Mustain - QB - Mizzou: After transferring to USC from Arkansas, he was arrested for selling prescription drugs on CraigsList.

Chris Rucker - CB - Michigan State: Went to jail when he received the second DUI of his Spartans career last October. The newest one he was also given a warning for leaving the scene of a property damage accident. Also suspended with many other Michigan State players in connection with an on campus brawl.

Derrell Johnson-Koulianos - WR - Iowa: Arrested on 7 charges, including: four counts of possession of controlled substances, two counts of unlawful possession of prescription drugs and one count of keeping a drug house. During a search they found police found cocaine, marijuana, prescription drugs (pamoate, diazepam, hydromorphone hydrochloride and zolpidem tartrate pills), scales, $3,000 cash, and other items used in selling drugs.

Blaine Gabbert - QB - Missouri: Was involved in a drunk pizza parlor brawl that left his brother, teammate Tyler Gabbert with a broken nose, and LB Andrew Gachkar requiring stitches in his hand. Underage at the time, no charges were brought up even though they had "varying levels of intoxication".

Robert Aurich - LB - UMD: Arrested after being shitfaced wasted in which he kicked and shoved police who were trying to get him out of a bar. He even challenged the police, "Do you think you can take me to the ground? I’ll beat you up right now."

Brandon Hogan - CB - WVU: Arrested for DUI after driving on the wrong side of the road last September, and disorderly conduct/public urination back in April of last year.

Niles Paul - WR - Nebraska: Arrested for MIP and Public Urination last June, and for DUI, Driving under a suspended license, and MIP in April of 2009.

Kyle Theret - S - Minnesota: Arrested for DUI after police saw him strike a parked car and pulling away.

Terrance Toliver - WR - LSU: Arrested for disturbing the peace by fistic encounter; disturbing the peace by public intoxication and resisting an officer March of last year.

Mike Hartline - QB - Kentucky: Arrested last December for second degree disorderly conduct, alcohol intoxication in a public place, and failure to notify the department of transportation of an address change after a woman called police saying that he had assaulted her.

Scooter Berry - DL - WVU: Arrested for Public Intoxication and Disorderly Conduct in October of 2009.

Jock Sanders - WR - WVU: Arrested for DUI when he crossed the yellow lines in February of 2009, and before that for an assault outside of a club.

Justin Houston - DE/OLB - Georgia: Suspended 2 games by the Bulldogs for failing drug tests.

Noel Devine - RB - WVU: Arrested in 2008 for assault in a battery that occurred outside of a club. Allegedly stole one of Deion Sanders' vehicles, a Cadillac Escalade, and drove it to the airport after he had been living with Sanders.

Rickey Thenarse - S - Nebraska: Arrested last December and suspended for their bowl game when he was found passed out in a car and charged with DUI, impeding traffic, and driving on a suspended license.

Trevor Hankins - P - Arizona State: Arrested for DUI last November when he made an illegal U-Turn when he "lost his wallet"

Mikel LeShoure - RB - Illinois: In 2008 a fight with teammate Wide Receiver Jeff Cumberland left him with a broken jaw, and he was suspended for violation of team rules the very next year.

Martez Wilson - LB - Illinois: Was involved in a bar fight, which he eventually lost via stabbing.

Quan Sturdivant - LB - UNC: Along with NCAA Violations, he was arrested for marijuana possession. Charge was eventually dropped in a deferred prosecution agreement.

Mark Dell - WR - Michigan State: Suspended along with Chris Rucker and many others in connection with an on campus brawl.

Scott Lutrus - LB - UCONN: Arrested for interfering with an officer after he fought with an officer after they were called to an on campus fight. Charges were later dropped.

Obie Ezeh - LB - Michigan: Arrested for OWI after he stuck a light pole.

Titus Young - WR - Boise State: Charged with MIP, suspended for most of 2008 season for violation of team rules.

Jabaal Sheard - DE/OLB - Pittsburgh: Charged with charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct when he got into a fight, threw a man through a window while police batoned him, jumped on the bloody man and started pounding him before being subdued with Pepper Spray.​

http://www.shotofginn.com/2011/04/nfl-prospects-with-checkered-pasts.html

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Robert Aurich - LB - UMD: Arrested after being shitfaced wasted in which he kicked and shoved police who were trying to get him out of a bar. He even challenged the police, "Do you think you can take me to the ground? I’ll beat you up right now."
lol, best one.

most of these are just kids getting drunk. happens all the time. the drug charges though arent a good look. i wouldnt wanna take a chance at drafting some of these kids after theyve been arrested multiple times for selling drugs.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Especially DJK. The guy is a legitimate drug dealer.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No Julio or Ingram :D

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Derrell Johnson-Koulianos - WR - Iowa: Arrested on 7 charges, including: four counts of possession of controlled substances, two counts of unlawful possession of prescription drugs and one count of keeping a drug house. During a search they found police found cocaine, marijuana, prescription drugs (pamoate, diazepam, hydromorphone hydrochloride and zolpidem tartrate pills), scales, $3,000 cash, and other items used in selling drugs.

Vikings need depth at WR. HOLLLER.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Les Pico wouldn't draft him.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Koulianos is a talented player though. Prior to the drug charges, he was considered a 2nd round prospect.

Great kick returner, too.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're missing Phil Taylor - he got kicked off of Penn State's team for off the field incidents including getting into a fight with students.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not missing it... the author of this article would be missing it. :)

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ah, well I wasn't meaning to rip you or anything I just wanted to add it.

Rice18

Reaction score
I kinda think Cam looks like Wiz kinda.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
just the fro..

Rice18

Reaction score
Thats what I was going off of.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Trevor Hankins - P - Arizona State: Arrested for DUI last November when he made an illegal U-Turn when he "lost his wallet"
Even when punters get in trouble, it sounds lame haha

Mooche

Reaction score
This thread is hilarious.

Funny to see the golden child Blaine have a little bit of a rough incident in his past, too. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%