Prized frosh RB Baxter banned for USC opener

Mooche

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES -- USC freshman running back Dillon Baxter has been suspended for the team's season opener against Hawaii on Sept. 2 for violating team rules, coach Lane Kiffin announced Wednesday.

"I think this is an extremely strong message and a very severe punishment for a player that may potentially be the most-skilled player on our whole roster," Kiffin said. "Hopefully that message not only helps him but helps our team and especially our freshman class."

Kiffin informed Baxter of his decision Wednesday morning and said the freshman would continue to participate in practices and be back on the field for USC's home opener Sept. 11 against Virginia.

LOL. Kiffin is now starting to lay the hammer down on some of his players. He better be careful.. These guys wouldn't think twice about transferring to a big program like a Florida, 'Bama, Texas and competing to win it all.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
He's serious?

What a fool.

Mooche

Reaction score
I don't understand Kiffin... at all. Why not sit the kid in your office, talk to him, let him have another chance. Oh, but no, shall we try and set a tone that we already a damn joke for these next two years, so let's take a guy who can be the future star RB of our offense and keep him sitting. Screw Kiffin. Screw USC.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was so happy when USC hired him. He will be the death of this program.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Same here, I was even happier when Tennessee hired him, I knew they had just ###### themselves.

Only thing good about Lane is his father is the greatest assistant coach in the history of the NFL.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I still hate the <Censored> for stealing our RB coach.

jHammack

Reaction score
Lane Kiffin will ruin USC eventually. Sitting this kid will only delay the inevitable. However, I was looking forward to seeing him run for like 200 yards on Hawaii.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%