Predict the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Here are my predictions.

Standings

East
Washington
Tampa Bay
Boston
Montreal
Carolina
Pittsburgh
New York
Philadelphia

West
Los Angeles (As long as doughty resigns)
Vancouver
Anaheim
Detroit
Chicago
St. Louis
Nashville
Colorado/Minnesota (too hard to choose)

First Round
Philadelphia @ Washington
New York @ Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh @ Boston
Carolina @ Montreal

Colorado/Minnesota @ Los Angeles
Nashville @ Vancouver
St. Louis @ Anaheim
Chicago @ Detroit

Second Round
Pittsburgh @ Washington
Carolina @ Tampa Bay

St. Louis @ Los Angeles
Chicago @ Vancouver

Conference Finals
Carolina @ Washington

Vancouver @ Los Angeles

Stanley Cup Finals
Washington @ Los Angeles

Ao8

Reaction score
Wow! Kings winning the cup? Idk. But c'mon Blues beating the Ducks? And Detroit losing to Chicago? No way.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
I actually meant to have Detroit > Chicago but I truly believe the Blues from the second half last year are better than the Ducks. And LA is only improved from last season with Richards. Quick was young last year and now he has more playoff experience. They will go deep. Winning the cup may be a stretch but they are good.

Ao8

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the Kings going deep. Quick is a solid goaltender and the picked up a few good players. But I think your being a homer with the Blues :D

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
I don't.

After the Chris Stewart trade we were a playoff team. Plain and simple. We beat both the Ducks and the Red Wings 10-3 (Wings was 9-3 I believe). We were above .500 after the trade.

That trade got us the goal scoring presence we needed.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Talking about them beating the Ducks and Wings is one thing. Using the fact that they scored close to 10 goals as a basis for why you're as good or better than them is another.

Unless they consistently score 10 a game or beat teams like that, the stat is an anomaly.

illidan432

Reaction score
LA winning the cup? Maybe.
But Washington won't make it to the finals.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
LA wont be first in west, I say they will be third even if doughty resigns, although they did get Richards, which COULD put them in second, but look at how well Vancouver did last year, no doubt they will be doing more of the same.

And nashville wont slide down any places, they havnt gotten much better, but they havnt gotten worse in any means. They added Bergfros and Stortini, all 5 of their injured players are now playable which will improve their offense by alot from last season, so I'd say they will make 4th

Sharksfan88

Reaction score
Your predictions are such a joke lol. How do you not have the Sharks making the playoffs? LA is also not as good as Vancouver, San Jose, or Detroit... And just because you murdered Detroit and Anaheim in one game doesn't mean you're a playoff team...

Anyways, as for the West...

1: Vancouver
2: San Jose
3: Detroit
4: Los Angeles
5: Chicago
6: Anaheim
7: Minnesota
8: Nashville

I think the Canucks, Sharks, Wings, Kings, Hawks and the Ducks (if Hiller is healthy) are the only locks in the West. Rest of the seeds will be a blood bath between the Wild, Predators, Blues, Jackets, etc. Should be a great battle and a fun season.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
My West:

1. Vancouver
2. San Jose
3. Detroit
4. Nashville
5. LA
6. Pheonix
7. Anaheim
8. Columbus (A stretch, but i think they can)

Sharksfan88

Reaction score
Nashville is a huge question mark, their offense is pretty weak (lost Dumont and Ward), they traded one of their young d-man Franson, they need their offense to be consistent if they want to make the playoffs again. Luckily they have a great head coach of Trotz they can lead them along with Weber, Suter, and Rinne.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
Nashville is a huge question mark, their offense is pretty weak (lost Dumont and Ward), they traded one of their young d-man Franson, they need their offense to be consistent if they want to make the playoffs again. Luckily they have a great head coach of Trotz they can lead them along with Weber, Suter, and Rinne.
Not having Ward and Dumont won't hurt their offense to much. Ward was good in the playoffs but during the season those two combined for only 20 goals and Dumont was brutal. They got young guys coming up that can provide more offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%