Pittsburgh Pistons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Detroit Pistons and the Palace are on the market. The hope is that the two will be sold together. Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press feels the future of the Pistons in Detroit depends on the future of the Palace.

Sharp writes: "Selling both in a package arrangement improves the odds of the franchise remaining here, but if Karen Davidson's left with no alternative but to sell the Palace separately, any inevitable buyer for the Pistons probably would come from outside. And there's the lure of a new state-of-the-art arena in Pittsburgh later this year, and Kansas City already has its own version of the Palace, waiting to pirate away another city's NBA or NHL franchise. And, of course, there sits Las Vegas with its growing populace."

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why is Detroit moving?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man I hope the Pistons dont leave. I hate this lady who is trying to sell the team. If the Pistons are moved Im gonna start a riot. LOL. But I will be pissed.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Pistons are sold me and many Piston fans will riot. Not even kidding.
Out of all the <Censored>ty things in Detroit, we still love all of our sports, good or bad.

And if this gold digging whore allows us to move out of Detroit, she deserves to die.
Her husband spent his whole damn life basically making the Detroit Pistons what they are. To see this lady completely disrespect everything he worked for is just ridiculous.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This chick must be trying to die. Detroit people will kill her if she moves the pistons.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
This chick must be trying to die. Detroit people will kill her if she moves the pistons.
+1

Well, I know I just moved here; however, I may be going to a Pistons game here soon, just to say I saw them play in their last season. The thing is, no-one can stop this <Censored> from selling the team, it's hers. Now, one thing I don't understand is, why doesn't Ford or someone here locally like M-Live buy them? Keep them here, it's not like they don't make money, it's not like they aren't selling tickets, and it's not like they're doomed to failure.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good lord, if this happens.... she better hide, I'll kill her. But Blake's right, and I think that would happen. I honestly can't see them moving, someone locally would buy them and I really don't think Stern would like our team to be moved.

Bagwell™

Reaction score
That's the beauty of supporting a team for the franchise rather than the city. If they move, big deal. Same players, same team.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Minus the fact we won't have a team to watch..

Bagwell™

Reaction score
Don't they usually put the closest team on local tv in states that don't have teams?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk, Ive always had a team to watch. I know we get some Bulls and Raptors games, but its not the same..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the Lakers moved when they had 5 titles back in the day

Bagwell™

Reaction score
Idk, Ive always had a team to watch. I know we get some Bulls and Raptors games, but its not the same..
Well, if you like the Pistons, then stick with them even if they move. It'll be tougher to follow them, but you'll do just fine.

the Lakers moved when they had 5 titles back in the day
Every team can move. That's basically why I don't look at sports as "representing your city" because you never know when your team will move. Support a team for the team, not the city/state.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can still watch them, but I wont be able to go see any games..
I go see the Pistons a lot. Doesn't matter, we wont be moving..

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Always get to watch MSU...

*looks again at tonight's score*

*laughs hysterically*

Seriously, everyone at work was so hyped for this and got crabby as <Censored> when they started getting the beat-down.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bagwell it's not the same.. Do you think Piston fans after watching their team be great for years, want to root for their team relocated to Pittsburgh? They shouldn't root for that team if they move. How many Browns fans do you think started rooting for the Ravens when our sleazy owner relocated the team? Not many.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
News I've heard is that David Katzman might buy them.. Which would be pretty good news. He is a Michigan native.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%