Ole Miss lands top JUCO quarterback

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Ole Miss lands top JUCO quarterback

The “shady past” route did much of nothing for Ole Miss’ won/loss bottom line this year, with the Rebels riding Oregon transfer Jeremiah Masoli to a dismal 4-8 mark in 2010.

In 2011, Houston Nutt and the Rebels appear intent on going the JUCO route at the quarterback position. What the hell; it worked out well for Auburn, right?

According to multiple reports, Iowa Western Community College quarterback Zack Stoudt has given Ole Miss a verbal commitment over Kansas. Stoudt had the Jayhawks favored before switching the non-binding verbal to th Rebels over the weekend.

“It came down to the opportunity to play in the SEC,” Stoudt told Neal McCready of Rivals.com. “On top of that, the opportunity to play at Ole Miss is very good. Coach (Houston) Nutt is a great guy, and I really liked (co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks) coach (Dave) Rader. They need a guy to come in, and the spot is wide-open.”

Stoudt, the No. 2 JUCO QB in the nation according to Rivals, had originally signed with Louisville before transferring.

Ole Miss and Kansas were two of seven schools that had scholarship offers on the table for Stoudt.

-CFT

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Huh, Guess they aren't so high on Massoli.

Mooche

Reaction score
Masoli is a senior.
This.

Good news for Ole Miss, should be interesting to see how this kid pans out. Plus, he ditched the Jayhawks, so that makes him that much better in my books. :p

Nah, I understand his desire to play in the SEC, and if you get a shot to start for a team like Ole Miss you have to take the opportunity and run with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%