Ohio State Vacates Season

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
(CBS/AP) COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State says it's vacating its wins from the 2010 football season, including the Buckeyes' victory over Arkansas in the 2011 Sugar Bowl.
Responding to NCAA allegations over a memorabilia-for-cash scandal that cost former coach Jim Tressel his job, Ohio State says Friday it also is waiving a $250,000 fine it had imposed on Tressel and changing his resignation to a retirement. Through the school, the ex-Buckeyes coach says that he is taking responsibility for the NCAA inquiry, which developed after it was learned Tressel failed to report players receiving improper benefits.

The university also is imposing a two-year probation period on the program, which means there would be harsher penalties if any further wrongdoing is discovered.

CBSSports.com's Tom Fornelli notes that while vacating its entire 2010 season is a good first step for Ohio State, this does not mean the school will escape the loss of scholarships or a postseason ban. After the school's date in front of the NCAA's Committee on Infractions next month, the NCAA could decide to institute both punishments, if not more.

Meanwhile, Tressel's lawyer told the Associated Press his client will appear before the NCAA's infractions committee next month.

Mooche

Reaction score
OSU got hit pretty damn hard by the NCAA. Gosh.

The tweets from some guys, past and present Buckeyes have been pretty fun today though.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So this makes MSU and Wisconsin Co-Champs without OSU now?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The teams they beat wont forget they lost so it's whatever.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
OSU got hit pretty damn hard by the NCAA. Gosh.

The tweets from some guys, past and present Buckeyes have been pretty fun today though.
Bro the NCAA hasn't even ruled yet. If that article said they did it is incorrect. I just finished watching an ESPN report about it.

These are self-imposed actions by OSU on themselves. Which.. is bullshit. The NCAA is going to uphold what OSU already did to themselves and add to it. Serious idiots running the show at OSU.

Vacating wins is fucking ignorant. You can't vacate something that HAPPENED ALREADY. You can however vacate a burning house to avoid a shitty death.

In all fairness OSU needs to forfeit the victories if they had any morale standard. Which, they don't. It is OSU of course.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=310040008

Still bitter that your cocaine addicted, alcoholic role model lost his last game in an Arkansas uni?

Brutalis

Reaction score
Why are you starting shit?

We lost by 5 to cheaters. Not upset about it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd rather have players on my team selling rings for tattoos then snorting coke..

Brutalis

Reaction score
1. There was never any proof he did cocaine, only allegations. This is America dude, innocent until proven guilty. I can't say he did or did not because of these facts.
2. Selling rings along with 3 other violations that are a lot worse. Receiving a Corvette from a dealership for rental is one.
3. Try harder to get a rise out of me.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just think it's hilarious you think OSU is the scum of the earth because kids wanted some tattoos and some extra cash. It's better then them committing real crimes. They had multiple big ten rings because OSU has won the big 10 the last 6 or 7 years. You don't hear about this from Michigan State, Michigan, Purdue and other big 10 schools because they don't win enough or receive enough awards to sell them. But that's the price that comes at winning.

They broke the rules, they know better but they aren't real crimes.. They are dumb rules put in place by the NCAA. A lot of these kids grow up in poor backgrounds and when they get a chance to sell some accessories they don't need, of course they are going to do it.. There are exceptions but most of the kids don't pass on it. Doesn't help that it's happening at probably the most high profile university other then Texas. I haven't even heard ESPN mention Oregon's current situation..

Jim Tressel raised his players from boys into men, helped them with school, problems, etc.. Tressel had the 2nd highest graduation rate in the big 10 for his players, only below Northwestern, who is known for their academics. He was another father figure to these kids (and in some cases, their only father figure) and actually cared about them unlike other big time coaches who bail at the first sign of trouble and cut ties when they're gone. He has helped many former players after they leave the school. He was the who got Maurice Clarett re-enrolled at Ohio State when he was released from prison to get him an education that he cheated himself out of when he was at OSU 9 years ago. (Clarett also tried to get Tressel fired before all of this as well..) He did nothing but good for Ohio State and the NCAA, and at the first sign of trouble, he was forced out and according to all the news outlets turned Ohio State into a sham of a school. All of this stuff has been overblown, and people like you who are mad about their success as a football school are using this as an excuse to blast the school and pile on while they are down.

Ohio State has problems, mainly with their president, no argument from me on him, because he is a moron. But so much of the blame has been put on Jim Tressel and even Terrelle Pryor, which is simply outrageous.

But hey, maybe I'm putting too much logic into this..

Brutalis

Reaction score
I'm not reading all that bull shit. Get your balls in the same sack bro.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But hey, maybe I'm putting too much logic into this..
I was right, continue to hate on anything not involving Arkansas because you're generally just angry at everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%