Newton vs. Shoelace

Atlas

Banned
Reaction score
2 of the most athletic quarterbacks in college football & both are electrifying. I still beg to question, Which is better?

CAM NEWTON
Starts: 8
Ground: 157 att, 1077 yds, 14 rush td
Air: 138 att, 90 comp, 65.2%, 1364 yds, 13 td, 5 int
Rating: 172.1

DENARD ROBINSON
Starts: 7
Ground: 137 att, 1096 yds, 9 td
Air: 143 att, 87 comp, 67.8%, 1319 yds, 9 td, 5 int
Rating: 159.1

I find it impressive that despite missing a game & half due to injury, Robinson's stats are pretty close to those of Newton. Newton is the more experienced collegiate quarterback however, both are currently in their first seasons as Division I starters.

Atlas

Banned
Reaction score
more TD's, and a better qb rating.
Yes but no doubt, Newton has a game & half more playing time than Robinson & Auburn is the much better overall team. Newton has some weapons to play with while I think Robinson IS his entire offense most games.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd go Robinson. I think if Robinson had a better supporting class like Newton has, Robinson would have better numbers than he already has.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They both play in stat padding offenses, both designed for the QB to put up huge, unrealistic numbers, but Newton plays just as good, in a tougher conference, and has his team undefeated.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
As much as this hurts to say. I have to go with Cam Newton. They are both ridiculously athletic, and I feel Denard will have a better year next year, along with a better team. Right now, it's hard to go against Cam Newton, since his team is undefeated, and he is the main reason they are. Denard has made some mistakes, that you could argue, cost them games, but he still is a beast. If both teams we're undefeated, i'd say Denard, hands down.

Reaction score
As much as this hurts to say. I have to go with Cam Newton. They are both ridiculously athletic, and I feel Denard will have a better year next year, along with a better team. Right now, it's hard to go against Cam Newton, since his team is undefeated, and he is the main reason they are. Denard has made some mistakes, that you could argue, cost them games, but he still is a beast. If both teams we're undefeated, i'd say Denard, hands down.
Agreed.

Mooche

Reaction score
They both play in stat padding offenses, both designed for the QB to put up huge, unrealistic numbers, but Newton plays just as good, in a tougher conference, and has his team undefeated.
Exactly my thoughts. Spot on.

Newton is going to put up freakish numbers, because that's just how the offense is designed. He is one <Censored>ing sick athlete, and makes unbelievable plays, but so does Shoelace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%