New GFX Team Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Allow me to be the first to congratulate Macken for being nominated the new Captain of the SI GFX Team.

This was not an easy decision, a lot was taken into consideration, and I commend all the candidates for having the fortitude to stand up and put themselves out there as the next guy to take charge.

Let me say that in our search, we were not necessarily looking for the most talented artist. It's not far off to think that a certain athlete can be an All-Star in his particular sport but not be the greatest Team Captain...right? Pretty much the same situation at SI. Looking at myself, I am in no means the best poster at SI, I don't have the 20K post count...however I believe that I was chosen to fill the Admin role because of my ability to lead others.

That said, what made the difference in this election was initiative. Though every candidate possess certain talents and ability that are beneficial to the SI community, initiative is what made Macken stand out from the rest. Recently he began to clean up the GFX resources & tutorials section, deleting old & dead links, as well as putting up some newer material. He did this not because he was told to do so...he did it because he knew it was something that needed to be done.

Macken hasn't been at SI for very long but since he has been here he has proven himself to be very reliable. Since appointing him to my NFL Sim League Staff, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't get an instant message: "What needs to be done today?" He isn't the most gifted when it comes to producing sigs, and he will be the first to tell you that, but he understands and appreciates the organization that is needed to bring the SI GFX section back to prominence...and then to another level. Macken is experienced, having been a GFX Mod in other places and if you have noticed, he is a very resourceful member.

I ask that all of you congratulate Macken for his new role and support him as he leads his team up the very long road ahead of them. Macken has promised to get things like SOTW, COTW, GFX Requests, and Battles back on track, as well as, establishing some new and innovative ideas here at SI.

I thought about this long and hard, I asked my fellow staff members for their opinions, and I asked the GFX team what they thought. I put my trust and confidence in Macken to be the leader that I know he can be and now I ask you, the SI Community, to do the same. -AE

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Congrats, Macken... I'm sure you'll do a good job.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Congratulations Macken, hope you do a good job.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
Thanks AE. im sorry for the incident that happened last nite, it was all a misunderstanding. I'll get right to work on some new stuff today.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I thought about this long and hard, I asked my fellow staff members for their opinions, and I asked the GFX team what they thought.
Really... I wasn't asked

haha, j/k.

Congrats Macken! I think you'll do a great job!

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congrats Macken.
Go up and beyond. Lol

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Congrats Macken on being nominated captain of the GFX team. I'm sure you'll do a great job and get things rolling again.

.loggie

Reaction score
congrats mack, your already doing a good job. i can't wait until we get some gfx battles/toruneys started

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Gratz Mack..Hope you do well.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congrats man, you deserved it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gratz.
No ripping lolz.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congrats man. You've been a good poster since you arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%