King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Don has spoken ha.

I approve. Nice pick with McCallum too.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks Rip. I just put in 6 hours in on a full mock today and watch NBA Predraft camp footage today and last weekend

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Otto Porter just doesnt seem like a Chris Grant pick to me. He's been going for the high risk, high reward prospects. Porter has a fairly low ceiling, but relatively safe. Not his style.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Otto Porter just doesnt seem like a Chris Grant pick to me. He's been going for the high risk, high reward prospects. Porter has a fairly low ceiling, but relatively safe. Not his style.

Id take Porter over Noel incase you can make a run for Wiggens or Parker in 14. Besides I believe Oden will sign with Cleveland... In the second round I have them taking Deshaun Thomas to lure Oden with his training buddy. I like Porter he can come right in and contribute with Waiters and Irving. Plus, if they take Noel they need to waive Varejao for financial reasons. Also, Bynum has always intrigued Chris Grant and they could possibly sign him at a bargain price for a season

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd really dislike the Len pick, he has a couple things about his game that really scare me off.

I'd rather MCW, KCP, McCollum, Saric, or Schroeder.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I'd really dislike the Len pick, he has a couple things about his game that really scare me off.

I'd rather MCW, KCP, McCollum, Saric, or Schroeder.

Len has all the talent in the world and huge potential as a big in the world. He could be the next Thabeet though. Im thinking that the Len pick maybe a smoke screen for talk for Burke. Read online they wouldnt mine moving Grevias (spl?) to the off ball spot since he can play all the perimeter positions and use the pick on Burke. Then that would change my thoughts leaving Sacramento drafting Muhammad and Len slipping down to Minnesota. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sir Harlow said:

Len has all the talent in the world and huge potential as a big in the world. He could be the next Thabeet though. Im thinking that the Len pick maybe a smoke screen for talk for Burke. Read online they wouldnt mine moving Grevias (spl?) to the off ball spot since he can play all the perimeter positions and use the pick on Burke. Then that would change my thoughts leaving Sacramento drafting Muhammad and Len slipping down to Minnesota. 

The Pels have a habit of releasing info that is all over the place.  Before the season begins you'll read reports that they're interested in every draft prospect and every free agent.  Young and old, big and small.  So I'm not sure how much you should read into any reports that you hear from them.  Honestly the only position I'm 100% positive they view as a need is small forward.  You can look at C and say that Robin Lopez is a solid player on a great contract, and then Anthony Davis may have a future at the position when/if he bulks up.  Then at PG, they always make it a point to include Austin Rivers in any talk about the future core of this team.  I'm still not sold that they don't view him as a future starter, when they played him there exclusively once the team got healthy his play improved a lot.  Averaging 8 points off the bench a game, recording 2-3 assists, and scoring at a very respectable rate, all while playing better defense than anyone on the team.  But then again I can totally sell myself on them keeping him as a 6th man off the bench type and drafting a Michael Carter-Williams or trading for a Eric Bledsoe, someone like that.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Back to Len though, he just scares me.

Does he score?  His ts% is in the bottom half of all centers, as are his raw scoring numbers.  Only two centers draw less fouls per shot than Len.

Does he rebound?  He's fifth from the bottom in rebounding numbers amongst all centers.

Does he block shots?  He's 8th among the center prospects, but he actually fouls more than he blocks shots.  Compare that to Noel's 5.4 blocks per 3.2 fouls or Withey's 4.9 blocks per 2.6 fouls.  That's no good.

Then the fact that he's already have problems staying healthy bothers me.  He already has the stress fracture in his foot and his freshman season he had problems with his ankles.  Is he another Zydrunas Ilgauskas who missed a ton of time over his first four seasons in the league will foot and ankle problems?  Could his body already be breaking down over the strain of being 7'1?  What will happen to Len when he fills out his frame?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%