Mondesi Suspended 50 Games

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's that, "more name(s) to be announced", we've been waiting for:

Mondesi, the club's top prospect and No. 33 overall per MLBPipeline.com, tested positive for Clenbuterol, a performance-enhancing substance. His suspension is effective immediately.

In a statement released by the MLB Players' Association, Mondesi responded to the suspension: "Today, I agreed to accept a 50-game suspension from Major League Baseball. It is by far one of the hardest moments I have had to face in my life, but it is a decision that I accept and one that I take full responsibility for as a professional.
"I took an over-the-counter medication [Subrox-C], which I bought in the Dominican Republic to treat cold and flu symptoms. I failed to read the labeling on the medication or consult with my trainer or team about taking it and did not know it contained a banned substance. I tested positive for that banned substance, with a minuscule amount of Clenbuterol in my system, which could not have possibly enhanced my performance on the field, and now must face the consequences of that mistake.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It was originally 80 but they proved his cold-medicine claim so MLB & the Player's Association agreed to lower the suspension to 50. 

Still kind of ridiculous though. 

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn he shouldnt even be suspended, people make mistakes sometimes

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
Damn he shouldnt even be suspended, people make mistakes sometimes
"Don't put anything in your body without consulting our trainers first." 

Pretty cut and dry.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea I know, but idk give him 10 games instead of 50

Exceptions can be made, just how they reduced it from 80 to 50

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Players could start having people forge prescriptions for that cough medicine, or just have receipts lying around with the purchase of it, and then claim the same thing. 30 game reduction seems fair enough, but still lets the players know that they need to know what they're taking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%