MKG Staying 4 years?

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
Not only did Michael Kidd-Gilchrist make Kentucky fans around the world jubilant this afternoon by saying he would be back next year, he took it a step further and claimed he would be graduating with the Cats. That’s right, MKG intends to play at Kentucky for four years. You aren’t hearing this wrong, and I’m not making it up.

For a little background, in today’s postgame press conference, Michael was asked if the upcoming senior night was going to make him emotional, the thinking that it would be his last game in Rupp Arena. He fired back with the response heard ’round the commonwealth, “no, it’s not any extra emotion. I am staying all four years as of now.” Due to the shocked gasps around the room, he continued, “I am dead serious. I don’t know why you all are laughing. I am serious.”

I am serious too. Seriously as giddy as Renardo Sidney at a donut shop. Kidd-Gilchrist is a lock for a lottery pick in this year’s draft, with a number of projections to go in the top five. And he intends to stay right here at Kentucky for another three years. It’s unheard of for a player of such caliber to claim he’ll be around that long. A lot of guys say they’ll come back for their sophomore season (Jones included), but none suggest they’ll make it to their senior one.

In other reports, the NCAA will be sending over the 2015 Championship banner sometime next week.-Yardbarker

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully he doesn't end up regretting it. But something tells me he might not actually stay all 4. Was kind of careful with his words, saying "as of now."

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He will not even stay 2 years

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Keep in mind a player (like Jay Williams, Kemba Walker) can graduate in three years with the right course-load.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%