Miles Likely To Accept, If Offered

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This time, Les Miles might pull the trigger.

All Miles has said to this point is that he expects to speak with Michigan, reportedly on Tuesday in Dallas.

It's what he's not saying that's telling. Yes, he's saying he's happy at LSU. Yes, he's saying he's comfortable.

But he's not saying much else.

The translation: He's going to listen intently to what his alma mater has to say.

LSU is one of the top three head coaching jobs in the SEC, right up there with Florida and Alabama, and the Tigers have a ton of young talent remaining.

So, I'm sure some people look at this situation and wonder why Miles would even consider leaving, especially when he's making $3.75 million per year.

For starters, don't be surprised if Michigan throws a number at Miles that's more than $4 million per year.

But over and above money, Miles has to be wondering if his window is up at LSU. He's won a national championship. He's won 11 or more games four of his six seasons in Baton Rouge. He's continued to recruit at a high level.

He's also probably not been fully appreciated by the LSU fans when you consider the success he's had. Part of that has been self-inflicted with the Ole Miss debacle two years ago and the near-debacle this season against Tennessee.

If Miles does indeed leave for Michigan, something tells me his coaching career at LSU will look a lot better to fans on the Bayou 10 years from now than it does right now.
GREAT news :)

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd like to personally thank this idiot for completely fucking over his alma mater.

I'm sure we will all greatly enjoy Brady Hoke.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL Rip...this is what you call FAIL.

Nobody wants to coach this team. They're obviously not doing something to give these top candidates the "warm & fuzzy". Just end this nonsense and give Lloyd Carr a call.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Les Miles returning to LSU...not sure if anyone has posted that yet.

The Edge

Reaction score
I personally think he's not that great of a coach. He takes huge risks and so far I can't think of any that has backfired on him. that and his BCS trophy coming off what the most of Saban had built, I find him virtually unimpressive and his offensive recruits seem to underachieve for the most part.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I personally think he's not that great of a coach. He takes huge risks and so far I can't think of any that has backfired on him. that and his BCS trophy coming off what the most of Saban had built, I find him virtually unimpressive and his offensive recruits seem to underachieve for the most part.
Not to mention some of the worst clock management in all of college football/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%