Mike Martz says it is Ridiculous to put T.O. in the Hall over Bruce, Holt

Sportsguy9695

Reaction score
While Terrell Owens’ former coach Andy Reid iscampaigning for him to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame, former Rams coach Mike Martz says Owens should get in the back of the line.
Asked by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch if he’s surprised that Owens is a Hall of Fame finalist while former Rams receivers Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt are not, Martz said he’d go further than just saying he’s surprised.
“‘Surprised’ isn’t the word,” Martz said. “You can’t print how I felt when T.O. leapfrogged those two. That’s just plain out-and-out ridiculous.”
Source: Profootballtalk

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't find it ridiculous at all.  TO had a better career over both of them in every way aside from the ring.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
They all deserve to be in; they were all amazing

But TO is probably the #3 WR ever

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
^ I'd disagree there, he might be top 5 though

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Who do you have at #3? Obviously Jerry & Moss are higher, but imo the only one close with TO is Irvin, and his stats are across the board better than Irvin's

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
They played in different eras of the game. I think Irvin was a better receiver, and I think you could maybe put Calvin up there too just to name somebody recent. And from there it depends on your opinion of the much older guys

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't put the guys like Swann, Stallworth, or Biletnikoff in the same category as these newer athletes. Same reason Bill Russell doesn't compare to the 90s big men

I feel like you forget how dominant Owens was. Almost single handedly won a Super Bowl for the Eagles

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is almost comical how he doesnt want TO in. rings blind people sometimes.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
^Has nothing to do with rings. Has to do with his attitude.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
^Has nothing to do with rings. Has to do with his attitude.
championships in all sports seem to be what holds back a lot of guys from admitting player a is better than player b who has a ring.

thats all im implying to the situation because attitude certainly shouldnt affect anything.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This aint the Hall of Good Samaritans 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
championships in all sports seem to be what holds back a lot of guys from admitting player a is better than player b who has a ring.

thats all im implying to the situation because attitude certainly shouldnt affect anything.
No I get that, I'm just saying a lot of people think integrity is part of being a hall of fame player.

Sportsguy9695

Reaction score
I dont see a problem with TO going in the hof over bruce and holt. Owens was a beast

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Martz is an idiot, Owens was better than Holt and Bruce. Now if this was a debate between Faulk and Owens thats a different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%