Mallett runs 5.37 with 26" vertical @ Pro Day

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MALLETT RUNS 5.37 WITH 26" VERTICAL @ PRO DAY
Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett ran a 5.37 forty-yard dash at his Pro Day Tuesday.
Mallett, who's lost six pounds since the Combine, didn't dispel concern about his below-average athleticism. He has a 26-inch vertical "leap" and a broad jump of eight feet and just under eight inches. While these measurables obviously don't dictate NFL success or lack thereof, it's worth noting that Mallett's forty time -- run on a faster track at Arkansas -- would've easily been the slowest among quarterbacks at the Combine. Only Idaho's Nathan Enderle had a worse vertical in Indianapolis, and only TCU's Andy Dalton couldn't long jump as far. Mar 8, 1:05 PM
Source: NFL.com
Thats slower than some OT's haha. Aye atleast he has a drug dealing career to fall back to.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Ahaha Byron Leftwich had a faster 40.

TTN2810

Reaction score
He's a tree.
I had to LOL at some fool comparing his mobility to Big Ben.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im probably faster and i know i have a bigger vert. damn

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's bout as athletic as me.
I could probably play NFL QB then :)

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
C'mon guys, lets get serious for a min.

He did after all, look the most impressive during the ESPN challenge.. soo that = SUCCESS.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
C'mon guys, lets get serious for a min.

He did after all, look the most impressive during the ESPN challenge.. soo that = SUCCESS.
knew that was coming

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope he ends up breaking out in the NFL so all of you stop hating

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I hope he ends up breaking out in the NFL so all of you stop hating
Atleast if he doesn't break out playing wise, he can break out the crack pipe and make himself happy.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Expected. This won't have any affect on his draft stock.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Mallet Defends Himself, Works Out At Pro Day

Associated Press - Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallet has defended himself amid rumors of possible drug use.

Mallett said at the school's pro day that he's dealt with the same scrutiny since his days as a high school star in Texas. At the combine, he said simply that teams know what they need to know about him.

"I answered the same questions about four times, so I don't know what else you want me to say," Mallett said.

Representatives from every NFL team were in attendance to get another look at Mallett, who was the SEC's leading passer in 2010.

"I thought I had a pretty good workout. It was good to get back and throw with some guys I hadn't thrown with in a while," Mallett said. "They looked really good, so they went out there and made me look good and let it fly a little bit."

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
One scout tells former player and current ESPN.com analyst Ross Tucker that Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett "thinks he is Eminem."
"Take what you will from that but it certainly wasn't a positive for that scout," said Tucker. So Mallett came from hard-scrabble roots, is deep into hip hop and multisyllabic rhymes, and enjoys shocking white suburban America by questioning their value system? On a serious note, it's easy to see that Eminem's rebellious attitude and drug use wouldn't fly in the NFL, which may help to explain the character issues surrounding Mallett. We just want to see Mallett vs. Slim Shady in a forty-yard dash.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He should of hopped back on some coke, probably would of sped him up a bit.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Haters hate. This never gets old apparently.

His 40 doesn't hurt his draft potential, nor does his vertical. He is not a RB or WR, therefor this whole thready was pointless, and ignorant on the OP to say the least.

There's really no debate on who the best QB was at the combine.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Haters hate. This never gets old apparently.

His 40 doesn't hurt his draft potential, nor does his vertical. He is not a RB or WR, therefor this whole thready was pointless, and ignorant on the OP to say the least.

There's really no debate on who the best QB was at the combine.
Uhm,

Florida State QB Christian Ponder was the "consensus top performer" in Sunday's Combine drills.
It's a good thing Ponder changed his mind about throwing at the Combine. Though Ponder's motion does require effort, he showed the best combination of accuracy and arm strength among Sunday's throwers. Ponder remains an injury risk, but he's now aced both the Senior Bowl and the Combine as a potential second-round pick.
Seems like other people have different opinions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%