Mack Brown sticking with Garrett Gilbert

Mooche

Reaction score
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas coach Mack Brown says he didn't pull quarterback Garrett Gilbert during his five interception game against Kansas State because he didn't want to send a message that he was giving up an already wretched season.

Gilbert's first two interceptions led to 10 points by Kansas State and his third killed a scoring drive near the end of the first half. His fourth on the second play of the third quarter set up a touchdown that put the Wildcats ahead 31-0.

His fifth came on Texas' next possession and Texas (4-5, 2-4 Big 12) soon after had its fifth loss in six games.

As he should in my opinion. This kid is young, and a true work in project.. The sooner the Texas staff loses Greg Davis, the better off this kid is going to be. We need to truly utilize his arm more, and stop with this east-west play calling bull<Censored>, it doesn't work.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I wouldn't change from Gilbert. Texas is having an off year, and if he went with someone else, that could damage the confidence Garrett has, and that's hard to get back. He is still young and developing. Sounds like the article is trying to make it sound like it Garrett was the reason they lost. Not that 5 interceptions is good, on any day, but Kansas State didn't directly score because of the picks. I didn't see the whole game, but from what I saw Kansas State just played better. It's rough seeing Texas struggle like this. Especially after coming off a year like last year. I figured it would be tough, with the guys they lost, but never expected this. They still can finish strong, and I believe they will.

Mooche

Reaction score
I wouldn't change from Gilbert. Texas is having an off year, and if he went with someone else, that could damage the confidence Garrett has, and that's hard to get back. He is still young and developing. Sounds like the article is trying to make it sound like it Garrett was the reason they lost. Not that 5 interceptions is good, on any day, but Kansas State didn't directly score because of the picks. I didn't see the whole game, but from what I saw Kansas State just played better. It's rough seeing Texas struggle like this. Especially after coming off a year like last year. I figured it would be tough, with the guys they lost, but never expected this. They still can finish strong, and I believe they will.
Great post my dude. Great post.

I really hope we can at least salvage a few wins here just to get some morale, and some confidence going into next season. I did not see us ending up like this either.. I didn't expect us to contend for it all, but at the same time I expected we'd be in every game and at least stir some things up like Texas usually does. It is going to be a few statement weeks about the heart of this time... Regardless, Greg Davis must hit the curb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%