Lions Sign QB Shaun Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN - Shaun Hill has signed a deal with the Lions that will keep under contract through the 2011 season and other terms were not disclosed.

The Lions got the nine-year veteran in a March trade with the San Francisco 49ers, who received a 2011 draft pick.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Solid backup as everyone has said. Nice job by the Lions.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
superbowl, book it ;)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Detroit Free-Press - Kevin Smith isn't shying away from the competition with Jahvid Best, and he's not uncomfortable talking about it.

"I mean, I'm a competitor," Smith said. "It's not just Best. It's any back that's been in the backfield. I think he's a good addition to the backfield, and I think he'll be able to do some things to help us win games."

felt id post this here, doesnt need its own thread but its worth a post.

Mooche

Reaction score
This isn't a bad pick-up by any means. It allows a crafty veteran to get plugged into the Detroit system, and of course he can help show young Matthew Stafford the ropes a bit of the NFL. I like it.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mayhew is gonna make us good finally. Detroit wont be the laughing stock of the league anymore. YAY.

Mooche

Reaction score
Kind off on topic with Pugz post.

Lions RB Maurice Morris' grip on a roster spot in Detroit may hinge on the recovery of Kevin Smith (torn ACL).
Smith practiced some during OTAs and is recovering ahead of schedule, so Morris' odds of sticking diminished this spring. Both backups' skill sets are similar, and Morris is seven years older. With Aaron Brown possessing more upside and special teams value, Morris could be among Detroit's final cuts. Jul. 13 - 9:16 am et
I don't see why they really need him at this point, it's going to be Best and Smith. Smith might not be the same after the injury, but I would not give up on him yet.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kind off on topic with Pugz post.

I don't see why they really need him at this point, it's going to be Best and Smith. Smith might not be the same after the injury, but I would not give up on him yet.
Also Aaron Brown could be something given a little time. He was good with TCU when he actually played (he was injured pretty much his whole career). Given a little on the field experience and he could make at least a small impact.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We didn't JUST pick up Hill guys lol, we traded for him a few months back. We just signed him to an extension haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%