Lesnar to defend title against Velasquez

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
"UFC President Dana White confirmed this evening that Brock Lesnar will defend the UFC Undisputed Heavyweight Championship against number one contender Cain Velasquez on October 23rd at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California as the main event of UFC 121."
Link

Going to be sick. Lesnar will come out with another W of course. ;]

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont have as much faith as i did in shane, but i WILL watch this one lol. still think shane should get another shot though.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Lesnar got another shot at Mir like two fights later.

I'm sure Carwin will get another.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Let's not discredit Cain too much already. Cain is also an All-American wrestler, tough as nails, and can swing. I don't think Cain's gameplan is going to be stand-up with Brock...so I am really looking forward to what (I hope) will be an interesting scrap-session with 2 of the UFC's biggest boys.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
isnt cain a black belt in bjj, too?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
isnt cain a black belt in bjj, too?
Purple...but he's got a solid ground game. Even though all but 2 of his wins came by way of KO, I think his best chance at winning this fight is taking Lesnar out of his element by going to the ground. Where both Cain and Carwin have it in them to put Lesnar on his back, only Cain has the ability to more in the situation than "punch himself out".

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I'm real excited for this match too. With them both being very, very good wrestlers and good stand up guys, it should be a pretty even fight.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
cain does have good size and speed. sounds like a decent fight. and every time i hear about a lesnar fight ill get happy so i need cain to get prepared. lol

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Haha. Also, Lesnar will be more prepared than he was for the Carwin fight with that being his first fight back from his illness.

Swag_Surfin

Reaction score
Cain better not let Brock get on top of him. Brock has been working on his ground game and has Cain by atleast 20 lbs. If he gets on top, its gonna be bad for Cain.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cain better not let Brock get on top of him. Brock has been working on his ground game and has Cain by atleast 20 lbs. If he gets on top, its gonna be bad for Cain.
Being on your back in a fight isn't good for anybody.

Don't watch a lot of MMA huh?

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Cain will come up improved like he seems to for every fight. Plus his BJJ is awfully good for a purple.

That being said, Lesnar is still Lesnar. Sheed's correct about how he'll be more prepared. Apparently he's easily submitting black belts. IMO he's just too big and strong for anyone in the UFC.

Mooche

Reaction score
More faith in Carwin than Cain. I don't know if Cain can handle Brock on top of him, he might just pounded out. He's gonna have to fight a near perfect fight to take down Brock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%