LenDale White To Be Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Seahawks have not announced the move formally, and a message left for White's agent has not been returned, but indications are that it was not a mistake and White is going to be released.

It is a surprising move to say the least. Seattle acquired White in a trade from Tennessee on the third day of the NFL Draft. The Seahawks didn't give up much to acquire White and defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson, sliding down a few spots in the fourth round and a few spots in the sixth.

White was in great shape, saying he weighed 219 pounds at the team's most recent practice that was open to reporters.

The expectation was White would not only be able to contribute, but he might be a candidate to start. He was slowed by a sore groin in the team's first minicamp after the draft, and was not present at the organized team activity that was open to the reporters on May 17. Carroll said White was tending to issues relating to the flooding in Nashville, Tenn.

Carroll was asked about White specifically on Monday, and in retrospect, it was clear that perhaps White was going to have to earn a spot on the team.

"We'll see how it all fits together," Carroll said of White. "He's got a long ways to go to get back in here with this club, but we're going to certainly wait it out and see how it does."
Would be a perfect compliment to Best. Speed and then his power running, would be really nice. But either way will be a good edition for some team.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt this is true. Don't see why they would release him just because of a groin injury and that he was tending to personal issues..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well they said it on SportsCenter, so I assume it has some truth to it.

I'm assuming Carroll and him just don't get along, or he is a bad teammate.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I guess he was waived, weird, stupid move IMO.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Very much so. I'm sure it won't take a long time until he has a job.
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Lions pick him up off the waivers. It's not like he has a bad contract or anything. But likely won't happen.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
id love for him to come to detroit, id be really happy.

Barcode

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that he has too may opportunities and he's out of the league. He is a 2 down, 1 dimensional back with a bad body, poor habits and attitude. I would not want him on my team under any circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%