Kobe Claims He 'Went Through Seven Years Of Hell'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Unlike several of his fellow superstars, Kobe Bryant has an excellent supporting cast with the Lakers.

“I’m set up to have a good run here,” Bryant said. “I’ve been very fortunate. I went through seven years of hell. Management decided that it was time to spend the money to bring in the players here.”

Bryant’s “seven years” reference is a bit of a stretch, as the Lakers went just five seasons between titles.

Bryant can opt out his contract at the end of the season, and though he announced during the summer his intention to sign an extension with the Lakers, he has yet to do so.

“It sends a positive [message] for him to re-sign with the team and continue to build on the group that we have,” Pau Gasol said. “The window is pretty big. We have to make sure we take advantage of it. The organization is doing what it needs to keep the main pieces together, so we have a chance to win championships for a few years. How many years remains to be seen, but we’ve given ourselves a chance.”

Said Odom: “Kobe sets his goals really high. Hopefully, he has the confidence in us and his teammates around him to achieve those goals.”

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure making millions of dollars while playing basketball for one of the biggest markets in the NBA is just hell.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah true. Kobe you are dumb. They didnt have the money at the time because you were hoggin it up my friend.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The funny part is the management really didn't even pay any money to make him happy. They just got away with robbery.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well it's all good now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%