Knicks Reportedly Getting Closer to Trading Anthony

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Knicks Reportedly Getting Closer to Trading Anthony

In an article outlining potential trade partners for Phoenix Suns forward Markieff Morris, Zach Lowe of Grantland wrote that the
Knicks aren't yet ready to engage in trade talks for Anthony but that "they’re getting closer."

This comes on the heels of rumors suggesting that Anthony will heavily recruit superstar Kevin Durant to sign with the Knicks next season.

Stephen A. Smith of ESPN (h/t Dan Feldman of Pro Basketball Talk) noted,"I know for a fact that Carmelo Anthony has been and will continue to recruit Kevin Durant until the cows come home. I’m also hearing that Kevin Durant is giving the New York Knicks consideration."     

How the Knicks approach Anthony before this upcoming offseason will say a lot about the team's plans for the future. If indeed New York decides to move on from Anthony, it will signal a rebuilding effort around younger players like 20-year-old Kristaps Porzingis. But if Anthony remains in New York, it would be shocking if the team didn't attempt to rebuild through free agency by nabbing veteran stars like Durant.

Anthony, 31, is coming off an injury-plagued 2014-15 season that saw him appear in just 40 games, though he continued to be an offensive force, averaging 24.2 points and 6.6 rebounds per game. Still, Anthony has never been a contributor on defense, and many top free agents may balk at having to concede so many offensive touches to the star forward.

That means the Knicks may decide their best course of action is to move on from Anthony while they can still garner an elite return in a trade. They'll certainly be a fascinating team to monitor before the league's trade deadline for that very reason.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol they're basically getting closer to getting closer to talking about trading Anthony. So technically they're pretty far away still.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they should trade him but the haul wouldn't be high enough. hes a keeper.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea I dont feel we would get a good enough return to make it worthwhile. Especially after an injury plauged season, I say ride it out and see where the team is at before the trade deadline. 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Kevin Durant leaving OKC would be fucking awful for the NBA. Screw that noise.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It might actually be good to get him away from insanely cheap owners.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Kevin Durant leaving OKC would be fucking awful for the NBA. Screw that noise.
AD and KD will be great for the NBA

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't see what Andre Drummond has to do with this

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I don't see what Andre Drummond has to do with this
melo is coming to detroit to play the four duh

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But where does Calvin Cambridge factor into all of this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%