Kaman: Gasol Shouldn't Be An All-Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Clippers center Chris Kaman doesn't think Lakers forward Pau Gasol deserves to be in next month's All-Star Game.

"I don't think Gasol should be in it at all," Kaman said when asked if he would be disappointed if Gasol is moved over to backup center when West coaches vote for All-Star reserves. "He's only played like 20 games (he played Thursday in his 25th out of 42 Lakers games) this year. I think there should be a number of games you should play. I think you should have to play like 80 percent of the games.

"It shouldn't be 50 percent (of games a player has logged) over a guy who plays 90 percent and who has better numbers. Not just me. Zach Randolph, a power forward, he has better numbers (than Gasol). But he's not on the Lakers."

Gasol is averaging 16.8 points and 11.1 rebounds to 20.4 points and 9.2 rebounds for Kaman, who has played in 38 of 42 games.

"I don't think he's a center," said Kaman, who added that he also thinks he's more deserving of an All-Star selection than Andrew Bynum.

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did i miss something were the reserves announced?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^not yet FLIP!

in 2007, Carmelo was involved in a brawl.
he got a 15 game suspension, and was still an all-star

pau gasol has missed 17 games this season too

his impact on the lakers is great and the lakers are way too good to only have 1 all-star

Kaman wont get in unless someone gets injured. coaches never reward bad teams. fans do, but not coaches.

Roy
Paul
Williams
Durant
Dirk
ZBo
Pau

Kaman, Boozer, and Brooks are the replacements if need be

personally though, i dont care if pau doesnt make it. i hope kobe sits too

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Yeah, I honestly wouldn't even mind if Kobe didn't play. Pau and Kobe just need to get/stay healthy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%