Kaepernick to Denver

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The San Francisco 49ers and the Denver Broncos have agreed on the parameters of a trade for Colin Kaepernick, but the deal cannot be completed until the quarterback agrees to a restructured deal, sources told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

The Broncos are set to continue negotiating with Kaepernick, notes Schefter, in hopes they can convince him to lower his $11.9 million in base salary for the 2016 season in order to gain a more manageable cap number than his current mark of $15.9 million.

The agreement in principle is expected to involve a mid-round draft pick.

Broncos general manager John Elway reportedly met with Kaepernick on Thursday - their second meeting since mid-March - to presumably try and hammer out a deal that works for both parties.

Denver currently has Mark Sanchez as their only experienced quarterback on the roster, and although they could look to draft their pivot of the future in the draft, it has long been clear they're interested in adding Kaepernick to their roster as a short-term option.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
This will be an interesting trade. Kap hasnt really developed into the pocket passer the 49ers hoped for. He had some very good WRs as well so you cant hold that against him. The Broncos did win a Super Bowl with a terrible Manning so this is only an improvement.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
trade being held up because 49ers wont pay $4M

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
trade being held up because 49ers wont pay $4M

Cheap fucks. But they would gladly take one of our comp picks

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And if I'm SF, it'd be stupid to trade for the DEN 3rd this year. They already have 11 picks in this draft if I'm not mistaken.

Niners have the leverage. They would probably pay the near $5M if it was a conditional 3rd that becomes a 2nd if Denver reaches the AFCCG or something

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
i couldnt remember if it was closer to $5M or $4M when i glanced at my sources

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%