https://twitter.com/craigcalcaterra/status/752908290934177792

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The players treat it like an exhibition game anyways

Mudge

Reaction score
I say why don't we just get rid of the stupid thing and have everyone take a five-day vacation?

brett05

Reaction score
Mudge said:
I say why don't we just get rid of the stupid thing and have everyone take a five-day vacation?
The AS game for MLB is the best of the bunch.  I'd like them to replace the home run hitting contest with the skills competition.  I'd also get rid of HFA on the line and allow best IL record decide HFA.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't understand why it's not just the team with the best record who makes the world series gets home field. There doesn't need to be an elaborate scheme here, just something simple.

Mudge

Reaction score
elcheato said:
I don't understand why it's not just the team with the best record who makes the world series gets home field. There doesn't need to be an elaborate scheme here, just something simple.

Too simple?  Meaning, I agree totally, but there must be an X factor (i.e. "follow the money trail")/

brett05

Reaction score
Mudge said:

Too simple?  Meaning, I agree totally, but there must be an X factor (i.e. "follow the money trail")/

elcheato said:

You can't do best record with the unbalanced schedule like it is.  Just not fair that a league (this year the NL) can beat up on half of the teams that are hot garbage to pad their wins.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And the better solution is a single exhibition game? At least a team is earning it over the course of an entire season, regardless of how their schedule is. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
And the better solution is a single exhibition game? At least a team is earning it over the course of an entire season, regardless of how their schedule is.
the old way was alternating between nl and al for home field remember

brett05

Reaction score
elcheato said:
I never said the way they are doing it is the best way, but the best record in a league is ultra garbage the way the schedule is.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think alternating each year is the best option. The only reason they did this was because of that one ASG where the managers used up all of their pitchers and they ran out of pitchers in like the 14th inning. So they gave the managers a reason to care, when the obvious solution is to just limit how many extra innings are played.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%