Joe Pa to return in 2011

Mooche

Reaction score
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Joe Paterno says he plans to return as Penn State coach next season, putting an end to any speculation about retirement.

The Nittany Lions meet Michigan State (No. 10 BCS, No. 11 AP) in the regular-season finale on Saturday, leading some fans and writers to wonder if this would be the 83-year-old coach's last appearance at Beaver Stadium.

JoePa said his team has struggled at times this year because of youth and injuries, but that the Nittany Lions have a chance to be good next year.

"I'm looking forward to it. ... We've struggled a little bit this year, the youth and the injuries and the whole bit," Paterno said Tuesday at his weekly news conference at Beaver Stadium. "But I think with a good spring and preseason practice ... We're going to be a good football team, and I'd like to [be] part of it."

Paterno appears healthier now after offseason illnesses slowed him down. The 2011 season would be the last year of a three-year extension signed in 2008.

YES! College Football without Joe Pa... I just could not imagine it.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Penn State not being an easy win?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha I was actually thinking about how much longer he would stay earlier. I predicted two more years :p

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Penn State not being an easy win?
Exactly.. It's great that a man that old can coach, but in terms of actually coaching, he really can't do it. Penn State is suffering every year he stays.

Great example would be Florida State being 8-3 after multiple bad seasons in a row with Bobby Bowden.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joe Pa hasn't done any actual coaching in about 10 years now.

I highly doubt he knows the names of more than about 5 kids on his team.

Mooche

Reaction score
Joe Pa hasn't done any actual coaching in about 10 years now.

I highly doubt he knows the names of more than about 5 kids on his team.
Obviously most of the assistants are picking up the slack bit time.

Again, he is simply iconic..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%