Jerry West wishes he wasn't used as the logo

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The NBA modeled its logo upon an image of Jerry West, which is something he wishes never happened.

"I've said it more than once. It's flattering if that is me -- and I know it is me," West said. "But it is flattering. But to me, I played in a time when they first started to market the league. There were five people that they were going to consider, and I didn't find out about it until the late commissioner (J. Walter Kennedy) told me about it.

"Again, it's flattering. But if I were the NBA I would be embarrassed about it. I really would. I don't like to do anything to call attention to myself, and when people say that, it's just not who I am, period. If they would want to change it, I wish they would. In many ways I wish they would."

In 2015, West said his pick to replace him would be Michael Jordan.

Paulius

Reaction score
Not even sure who decided to put him on there

Losing 7 staight finals before winning one is truly embarrassing so hes right on point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Paulius

Reaction score
Hell of a person tho, and a great GM

Constructed those lakers and warriors like a champ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if they change it, they should just use a generic logo like the mlb but i doubt they do.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't think they would use a shape that clearly depicts any player, if they were to change it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
if they change it, they should just use a generic logo like the mlb but i doubt they do.
its harmon killebrew

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The thing is, jerry west isn't officially the logoman
It may have been based on him, but its not official. Its pretty much a giant rumor
Yeah jerry west doesn't like it because hes a simple guy. Does not like all the attention. Hes humble. I respect that

I don't think the nba will change it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%